Quizmasters Lee and Marc practice social distancing in the first ever remotely-recorded KnowNo! The two professional pub quizmasters get together to discuss their favorite trivia questions of the week. Lee announces plans on transitioning his weekly live quizzes to a streaming platform.
- CARTOON CHARACTERS – What bumbling cartoon character, typically voiced by Don Adams (Get Smart), was occasionally performed by master voice-over artist Maurice Lamarche (Egon, The Brain) until he took over the character after Adams’s 1999 retirement from the role?
- FAMOUS QUOTES – What author, who wrote The Sun Also Rises, is known for the quote “There is nothing noble about being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self?
- NFL – T.D., the name and initials of the NFL’S Miami Dolphins mascot, is short for what?
- MOVIES – The first Oscar for Best Picture went to what movie which shares a name with a TV sitcom that aired from 1990-1997?
- 1960’s MUSIC – What duo had hits in the 1960’s with “Soul Man” and “Hold On, I’m Comin”?
- GEOGRAPHY – What archipelago in the South Atlantic Ocean, is known in Spanish as Las Malvinas?
- “Alien is not a horror movie.” – Mike C.
- “Ted Nugent wore zebra-print buttless chaps in a music video, not cow print.” – Marc
- “Yeah, worth noting South Park (1997 – 23 seasons) definitely beats SVU (1999 – 21 seasons) if you consider season longevity of cable shows. The Wikipedia list that has SVU at #2 omits cable shows. SVU does have more/longer episodes, so obviously more content.” – FadeToOne
- PLOT DETAILS – Bo’s Diner is the place of employment of Debra, the love interest of the main character of what heist movie?
- BAND BEEF – What funk-metal band crafted a diss-track against Rage Against The Machine in 1994 called “Do What I Tell Ya?”
- WORLD LANGUAGES – According to worldpopluationreview.com, what country boasts the world’s largest arabic population in the world?
- RELIGION – Founded during the latter part of the 15th Century, what is the world’s fifth-largest organized religion and is based on the spiritual teachings of Guru Nanak?
- PRO-WRESTLING – What is Pro Wrestler Triple H’s real name?
- PRO-WRESTLING – Which professional wrestler, who based his in-ring persona and stage name on a real life, was the first to use the word “brother” frequently in promotional interviews?
Rate My Question
- POP CULTURE – “In 1982, at the age of 7, who became the youngest person to host Saturday Night Live, a record that still stands today?” – submitted by Nik
- NFL – “The Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers have a long history of swapping quarterbacks. What quarterback most recently started for both franchises?” – submitted by Jake
- STAR TREK – According to Star Trek mythology, what letter-class planet is Earth?
- 80’s MOVIES – Attributing her success to her two pack-a-day habit, Pat Welsh is best known as the voice of what iconic raspy-voiced film character from the 1980’s, after first being discovered by George Lucas who overheard her talking while at a laundromat?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #281 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Me & You & A Dog Named Rue – 75 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 23rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Live on Twitch 7pm – 9pm
- March 26th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Live on Twitch 7pm – 9pm
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
- Spotify – COVID-19: Quarantine Mix — Lee’s COVID-19 playlist.
- Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventures (Complete Live Action Series) – YouTube — The Live action Bill & Ted adaptation
- Hot Fuzz (2007) – Olivia Colman’s Sexual Jokes – YouTube
- Kardashev scale – Wikipedia — The system of classifications for civilizations, what Lee was trying to recall during Marc’s Star Trek question.
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch