Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth to ask and answer each other’s favorite trivia questions. Quiz categories include Woodstock, Political Terminology, U.S. History, Corporate Logos, Lord Of The Rings, 80’s Music, Predators of the Animal Kingdom, World War II, Taglines, Medical Terminology, and Horror Movies.
- WOODSTOCK – What was the name of the farm on which Woodstock took place?
- POLITICAL TERMINOLOGY – According to William Safire’s Political Dictionary, the “active use of the president’s prestige and high visibility to inspire or moralize” is known as the President’s what?
- U.S. HISTORY – Which of the first 48 states to join the U.S., was the last to ratify the 19th amendment, which recognized a woman’s right to vote?
- U.S. HISTORY – O.S.S., the predecessor of the C.I.A., is an initialism that stands for what?
- LORD OF THE RINGS – Excluding Gandalf the Grey, who is the oldest member of the Fellowship of the Rings?
- CORPORATE LOGOS – Which entertainment brand’s logo was refreshed in Nov. of 2019 by reducing the design to a single color mark, but maintaining the logo’s signature shield?
- TRAGEDIES – The Station nightclub fire of 2003, that led to the death of over 100 concert-goers, including guitarist Ty Longley, occurred during a performance by which band?
- 80’s MUSIC – Which classic rock singer shares a name with a 18th century hunting enthusiast?
- “On Episode 88: Monkey Buskers, around 25:48, Lee mentioned that he thought Ellen Page was motion captured for the role of Ellie in The Last Of Us 2013 video game. Well, it was actually actress Ashley Johnson, who was also the speaking voice for Ellie in the game. Ellen Page WAS motion captured (and her exact likeness used) for the main character, Jodie, in another PlayStation exclusive game that same year called Beyond: Two Souls. The cordyceps fungus Marc asked about was actually the fungus that inspired The Last of Us’ fictional zombie infection. (“What if cordyceps, but people”) But I must inform Marc that it was, in fact, David Attenborough, not Richard, who narrated the BBC special: Cordyceps: Attack of the Killer Fungi.” – Mo
- “Remember when I was trying to give an example of a thing that older people don’t know much about and I said “MARINA DEL REY”?! – Erin
“What is the difference between bugs and insects? True bugs have a stylet (a mouth shaped like a straw) that they use to suck juices from plants.” – Lee
- 60’s MUSIC – Performed by The Byrds, what famous folk singer wrote the song “Turn, Turn, Turn”?
- LITERATURE – Who wrote The Count of Monté Cristo?
- PREDATORS OF THE ANIMAL KINGDOM – What kind of fish spits the brackish water of its habitat towards its insect prey, knocking them prone to the surface to be eaten?
- WORLD WAR II – What does the “D” in “D-Day” stand for?
- TAGLINES – Which laundry detergent was known for the tagline “Ring around the collar”?
- MEDICAL TERMS – Derived from a Greek word for “rushing down”, what medical condition shares its name with a word that refers to a large waterfall, or in medieval times a portcullis or window grating?
- HORROR MOVIES – Nigerian visual artist Bolaji Badejo’s only film credit was portraying an unwelcome guest in what 1979 film?
- HORROR MOVIES – What is the name of the sole survivor of a terraforming station, a small girl, in Aliens?
- HORROR MOVIES – The movie Freddy vs. Jason is what number sequel in each franchise?
- ARTISTS – Which French artist and sculptor, a contemporary of Cezanne and Van Gogh, spent the last decade of his life making artwork inspired by Polynesian culture?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #279 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Trivia Netwon John – 87 pts.
- #280 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – As You Wish – 70 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 9nd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #281 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine.
- March 12th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #282 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include and more.
- March 28th, 2020 – Get ready for Quizmania – Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition – March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – We Do Stuff, Mike S.,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”