Quizmasters Lee and Marc join each other to ask and answer each other’s trivia questions, and talk about their trivia hint and clue preferences. Lee reviews Marc’s new mid-quiz wager mechanic. Categories for this episode’s quiz include Units of Measurement, Comedy Songs, Sitcoms, Super Mario Bros., Band Lineups, Football, Websites, Horror Movies, Great Lakes Geography, Movie Behind The Scenes, Kids TV, Medical Terms, Hats, U.S. Geography, Phobias, Vocabulary, The 1990’s.
- UNITS OF MEASUREMENT – In feet, how long is the unit of measurement known as a chain?
- COMEDY SONGS – From what comedy song is the line “True that / Double true” from?
- SITCOMS – “Milkbone Underwear” is a reference to what sitcom?
- INFECTIOUS DISEASE – What is the more common name for the highly-contagious bacterial disease that is the result of an infection by the name of bordetella pertussis?
- SUPER MARIO BROS. – Before going blonde and being referred to as “Peach” in 1993’s Yoshi’s Safari, what was Mario’s princess known as in games and media released in the United States?
- BAND LINEUPS – Drummer Joey Kramer recently reunited with what classic rock band, that originally formed in 1970, after a six-month hiatus due to injury?
- FOOTBALL – Who was the star quarterback of the New England Patriots for most of the 1970’s through the 1980’s?
- WEBSITES – In what year was eBay launched?
- HORROR MOVIES – What horror movie director cameos in his movie Scream as a janitor, dressed like one of his earlier creations, Freddy Krueger?
- Episode 86 – “The local slang [Vermonters use] for out-of-staters (particularly from MA or CT) is “flatlanders,” usually used derogatorily.” – Phoebe
- Episode 86 – “On the Iranian Hostage Crisis, Carter probably is perceived as not a strong president because of the whole crisis. To drive their point home, Iran was ready to negotiate and release the hostages much earlier but waited until Reagan’s was in office. So if you research it, the day the hostages were released is the same day as Reagan’s inauguration.” – Ian
- Episode 19 – “G.I. originally stood for galvanized iron which was the material that different buckets and things were made of (during WW1???) and therefore were stamped “G.I.” – Nina
- GREAT LAKES GEOGRAPHY – Which great lake borders Ohio on the north side of the state?
- MOVIE BEHIND THE SCENES – What actor who appeared in such films as Addams Family Reunion, The Shout, The Hunt For Red October, and Congo, was considered for the role of Judge Doom, but was turned away because producers found him too terrifying?
- MEDICAL TERMS – Which bodily fluid is a component of blood that includes all proteins not used in blood clotting (i.e. electrolytes, antibodies, antigens, hormones, also drugs and microorganisms)
- KIDS TV – What kids show, that contains the song “We Are No. 1” ran from 2004-2014?
- HATS – Hat-making and it’s associated design, manufacturing and sales are known as components of what trade, named after the inhabitants of a city known for its trend-setting fashion during the middle ages?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY – In what central U.S. state would you find Fort Sill?
Rate My Question: Dylan Edition
- ‘Able I was ere I saw Elba’, is a famous palindrome referring to the early 19th century exile of what famous leader to the isle of Elba?
- First appearing on the eponymous album Iron Maiden, by the band Iron Maiden, in 1980. What is the name of the zombie-like mascot that has graced every one of the band’s album covers?
- Also, you both seem to have a style for writing the questions, Lee you usually have some background in there, maybe a hidden hint. Where as I think Marc’s are usually distilled as much as possible and to the point. Just my observation, but anyway, what do you each think makes for a great question? And do you have a favorite question that the other has asked either on the show or at the live events? Favorite overall question from the show? Guest, write in or otherwise?
- PHOBIAS – Cynophobia is the fear of what?
- KIDS TV SHOW HOSTS – Don Herbet is better known as what children’s television show host, who had his own show twice, first in the 1960’s and later in 1980’s?
- VOCABULARY – What is steganography?
- THE 1990’s – What bottled drink from the 1990’s had jelly pearls suspended in the liquid?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #274 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Is It Still A DUI If Jesus Takes The Wheel – 98 pts.
- #275 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – Milkbone Underwear – 91 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 2nd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #277 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include DINOSAURS, STEPHEN KING, THE OFFICE, RETRO VIDEO GAMES, HORROR MOVIES and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine.
- March 4th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #278 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include 90’S CARTOONS, 2000’s ERA PUNK & EMO, HARRY POTTER, ORNITHOLOGY, BILL MURRAY MOVIES, EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY and more.
- March 28th, 2020 – Get ready for Quizmania – Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition – March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – We Do Stuff, Mike S.,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.