Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Mike C. and Erik Brandt to ask and answer each other’s trivia questions. They four also discuss their “pub trivia dream teams” and negotiating prize values with your trivia venues. Categories include U.S. History, Etymology, Pop Culture, Food, Historic Sailing Vessels, Chemistry, Music, State Nicknames, Occupations, Causes of Death, Literature, Florida, Food, Animals, and more!
- HISTORY – Who was the first president to declare the war on drugs?
- ETYMOLOGY – From what language does the word “mattress” stem?
- POP CULTURE – Which past presidential candidate admitted to creating a fake Twitter account named ‘Pierre Delecto’ created to anonymously defend themself?
- FOOD – What ingredient in Boston baked beans is also used in rum (which Boston also became an exporter of in the 18th century)?
- HISTORIC SAILING VESSELS – What kind of Chinese sailing ships were introduced during the Song Dynasty, first introducing China to maritime trade?
- CHEMISTRY – Which two chemical elements are liquid at room temperature?
- CLOACA – What kind of bird, native to New Zealand, does not use a cloaca for reproduction as many birds do?
- GEOGRAPHY – On which continent is the world’s largest desert located?
- MUSIC – Which legendary musician wrote an autobiography called “Ghost Rider: Travels on the Healing Road?”
- STATE NICKNAMES – What word do West Virginia and Vermont have in common in their official U.S. nicknames?
- OCCUPATIONS – What is the term for someone whose job it is to cut wood?
- CAUSES OF DEATH – According to the CD in 2018, the number 1 cause of death of people ages 15-34 was unintentional accidents, with what two causes of death taking the #1 and #2 spots?
- LITERATURE – Frank Herbert’s Dune was the first novel to win what science fiction award, which shares its name with an interstellar cloud of dust, hydrogen, helium and other ionized gasses? ### Rate My Question
- BASEBALL – “What incident occurred prior to game 2 of the 1992 World Series between the Atlanta Braves and Toronto Blue Jays that caused then President George H.W. Bush to issue an apology to Canadian Prime Minister Brian Mulroney?” – submitted by Myles
- FLORIDA HISTORY – During which war was Fort Myers named?
- FOOD – What fruit flavor is used in Crepes Suzette?
- ANIMALS – Which aquatic South American rodent, the largest in the world, was classified as a fish between the 16th and 18th centuries for consumption by Catholics during Lent?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #268 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Is It Still A DUI If Jesus Takes The Wheel – 79 pts.
- #269 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – Peanut The Dog Barked At Dallas – 99 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 24th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #272 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include THE OFFICE, MUSICALS, MARVEL MOVIES, COFFEE, VIDEO GAMES SUCH AS SUPER MARIO BROS., THE INDIE HIT CUPHEAD AND THE CLASSIC GOLDENEYE FOR N64 and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine.
- February 27th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #273 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include POKEMON, WWF, TV SHOWS SUCH AS CHEERS, ALL IN THE FAMILY, AND SEINFELD, JANE AUSTEN NOVELS, CARTOON DADS, VINTAGE PORNOGRAPHY, PORN HUB and more.
- February 29th, 2020 – It’s 80’s Music Trivia @ No. 3. We’re taking it to the max, quizzing you on your ability to identify artists and songs from the 1980’s, as well as full quiz of trivia about the decade in music. It’s an all 80’s music trivia on February 29th at No 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral from 6 to 8pm.
- March 28th, 2020 – Get ready for Quizmania – Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition – March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Tall poppy syndrome – Wikipedia — Erik references this concept as a reason why people may be critical of The Eagles?