Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Tara Calligan and Richard Chin Quee (of the Three Song Stories podcast) to answer each others’ favorite trivia questions, with topics including Geography, Etymology, Movies, Music, Harry Potter, Elvira, Baking, Baseball, World Records and more.
- GEOGRAPHY – In what country would you find Ninoy Aquino Airport?
- WEEZER – Differentiated by the dominant color of each, how many self-titled albums has Weezer released since their debut in 1994?
- ETYMOLOGY – Which newspaper is responsible for coining the term ‘podcast’?
- HOW MANY? – How many pencils can you get from the average size tree?
- THE OSCARS – What optimistic song was nominated for best original song at the 18th Academy Awards in the musical Here Come The Waves?
- DOG BREEDS – Which dog breed is named after a late-18th century hunting enthusiast from Dartmouth, England?
- “I would not give any points to ‘harmonica’ if the answer should be ‘glass harmonica’.” – submitted by Dallas
- “The Strawberry Generation is not a typical chinese phrase. The Chinese Words for “apple” and “Christmas Eve” are homonymous, not Christmas Day.” – submitted by Adele
- SPORTS – What basketball player, that was drafted in 1999, legally changed his name to Metta World Peace in 2011?
- HARRY POTTER – What is the full name of Gryffindor’s house ghost Nearly Headless Nick?
- ELVIRA – Cassandara Peterson, also known as Elvira, was a guest on what performer’s car-based interview show when the host claimed that the movie Elvira: Mistress of the Dark was one of their top five favorite movies of all time?
- GROUNDHOG’S DAY – According to WhatCulture, how many years was Phil Connors stuck in the time loop; 9, 17, 34, or 10,000 years?
- BAKING – What difficult-to-make pastry gets its name from the traditional breton words for cake and butter?
- MUSIC – What is the first instrument that a listener hears during a performance of Gershwin’s “Rhapsody in Blue”?
- WORLD RECORDS – The anime with the Guiness World Record for longest-running animated production began in which decade?
- ASTRONOMY – Of the three types of galaxies, which is the most common in the universe?
- BASEBALL RULES – What would be the minimum number of batters who would come to bat in a 9 inning baseball game that ends in a score of 1-0?
- SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS – Which dead social network was introduced by Apple in 2012 as a component of iTunes?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #268 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Is It Still a DUI If Jesus Takes The Wheel – 71 pts.
- #269 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – As You Wish – 101 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 10rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #268 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include SUPERHERO MOVIES, ASTRONOMY, MUSCLE CARS, DISNEY SOUNDTRACKS, ANIMALS, RETRO VIDEO GAMES and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine. The final wager question that evening will be a question about AUSTRIAN 80’S POP SINGERS selected by The Three Stooges.
- February 6th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #269 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include SPORTS, MAKEUP, PHYSICS, HISTORY, MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS and more. We’re going to have a ton of TV questions by request as well, covering shows such as SEINFELD, SCRUBS, THE SOPRANOS, BREAKING BAD, FUTURAMA, THE OFFICE & PARKS AND RECREATION and more, all by request. The final wager question that evening will be a question about ICE FISHING selected by Rome’s Kids.
- February 29th, 2020 – It’s 80’s Music Trivia @ No. 3. We’re taking it to the max, quizzing you on your ability to identify artists and songs from the 1980’s, as well as full quiz of trivia about the decade in music. It’s an all 80’s music trivia on February 29th at No 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral from 6 to 8pm.
- March 28th, 2020 – Get ready for Quizmania – Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition – March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Three Song Stories : NPR — A podcast produced and hosted by our guests, Tara Calligan and Richard Chin Quee.
- Steady Midnight | exploding pages — Steady Midnight is the new album from Marc’s band, Exploding Pages.
- Key & Peele – East/West College Bowl – YouTube — The “name” sketch Lee references during Marc’s Metta World Peace question.
- Nightmare Theatre | Moria Midnight | Week One Double Feature | WGCU – YouTube — Tara’s spooky character Moria Midnight, host of WGCU’s Nightmare Theater