Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask each other their favorite trivia questions of the week in another “late night” KnowNo. Marc spitballs a new wager mechanic for his weekly quizzes. Lee recaps his experience putting together a Star Wars theme trivia. Topics for the quiz include Geography, Super Bowl, Parks and Recreation, Art Terms, Grammy Awards, Frasier, Etymology, Animals, Sports, History, Design, Taglines, Viral Videos, Cartoons and more!
- GEOGRAPHY – Pago Pago is the capital of what U.S. territory?
- SUPER BOWL – What team has the most consecutive Super Bowl appearances, comprised of four losses from 1990 to 1993?
- PARKS AND RECREATION – What was the shortened name of April and Andy’s baby on Parks and Recreation?
- ART TERMS – What art term comes from the French term from pasting?
- GRAMMY’S – Before Billie Ellish’s sweep of “the big four” awards at the 2020 Grammys (Song, Record, Album of the Year, and Best New Artist), only one other artist in history had achieved the same accomplishment, which was who in 1981 for his self-titled album as well as the song “Sailing”?
- ETYMOLOGY – The term ‘zerbert’ for when you put your mouth on someone’s skin and blow, was coined on what 1980’s sitcom?
- FRASIER – On Frasier, what is the last name of Dr. Crane’s radio producer, Roz?
- “Maruchan is also the name of the mascot.” Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- “The Dutch East India Company is believed by many to be the world’s first transnational corporation” from Rumplesnailtskin Mike
- “The way IKEA meant ‘chintz’ was to refer to a garish or floral style.” by Erin
- More information about Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease, (mentioned in episode 82) by Aaron
- ANIMALS – What nocturnal creature found in Southeast Asia has large eyes and a toxin on their teeth which it wipes on its young to protect from predators?
- SPORTS – An epidemic of the infectious disease diphtheria inspired what sporting event?
- HISTORY – What Cambodian revolutionary politician governed the nation as Prime Minister of Democratic Kampuchea from 1976 to 1979?
- DESIGN – What key was introduced in the Remington #2 typewriter in 1878?
- TAGLINES – “You’re soaking in it” was the tagline of what household product?
- VIRAL VIDEOS – The Numa Numa dance video, one of the earliest viral videos on the internet, was first posted to which website, which will be celebrating its 25th anniversary this July?
- CARTOON CHARACTERS – What animated character is known as Topolino in Italy?
- CARTOONS – What is the name of the boss on Inspector Gadget that typically gives Gadget his missions?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #266 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Is It Still a DUI If Jesus Takes The Wheel – 64 pts.
- #267 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – As You Wish – 99 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 3rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #268 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. with free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include HISTORY, SPORTS, CLASSIC WWE, STATE SONGS, HALO, 80’s & 90’s MUSIC and more! and more. The Meat Cottage will be on site serving up authentic German cuisine. The final wager question that evening will be a question about THE SOPRANOS selected by Garden State.
- February 6th Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #269 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Categories for the quiz will include NCAA FOOTBALL, DOG BREEDS, MEDICAL TRIVIA, KIDS IN THE HALL, GEOGRAPHY, 90’s MUSIC and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about TACO BELL selected by Moisty Swell.
- February 29th, 2020 – It’s 80’s Music Trivia @ No. 3. We’re taking it to the max, quizzing you on your ability to identify artists and songs from the 1980’s, as well as full quiz of trivia about the decade in music. It’s an all 80’s music trivia on February 29th at No 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral from 6 to 8pm.
- March 28th, 2020 – Get ready for Quizmania – Wrestling Trivia @ No. 3. We’ll be entering the world of the squared circle, covering all decades, eras and promotions, including the history of professional wrestling, the titles, controversies and catch phrases, famous finishers, tag teams, stables and families, behind the scenes, lost moves, goofs, wrestlecrap and more. It’s QUIZMANIA: The Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Pro-Wrestling Edition – March 28th 2020 at No 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, also from 6-8pm.
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Exploding Pages Performs Live in Studio! | WGCU News — Marc in the studio of our local NPR affiliate, promoting his bands new album with an interview and a few performances. There is a #KnowNo shout out!
- Four Falls of **** – ESPN Films: 30 for 30 — Marc’s recommended doc about Lee’s Super Bowl question.