Quizmasters Lee & Marc sit down to share their favorite trivia questions of the week and have a conversation about procedures regarding partial points for partially-correct answers. The pair also take on three Rate My Questions, one of which inspires a detailed discussion about question writing.
- NFL – What is the only win-less team left in the current season, as of November 30th, 2019?
- MUSIC JOURNALISM – What popular weekly British music magazine was instrumental in the formation of popular bands via it’s advertisement/classifieds section, including The Stranglers, Supertramp, Deep Purple, Depeche Mode, Suede, Genesis, Wang Chung, The Animals, Madness, The Cure, Duran Duran and The Electric Light Orchestra?
- LOST MOVIES – The Other Side Of The Wind is the previously lost and incomplete movie script that was recently purchased by Netflix, written by what famous actor, director, writer, and producer?
- DEMONYMS – If things that come from Mars are referred to as being Martian, what is the correct demonym for things that come from Jupiter.
- STATE NICKNAMES – What state is known as “The Bay State”?
- BEST-SELLING PRODUCTS – Entering production in 1973 and known in official documentation as item no. 199 398 500 A, what was German automobile company Volkswagen’s best-selling product of 2015 and 2017?
- “A deke is a feint move in hockey used to get around a defender. In Football, a similar action would be a juke. Deke is a canadianism short for “decoy”. Juking is named after the dance style popularized in the 1990’s Chicago ghetto house music.” – submitted by Quizmaster Lee
- CHEMISTRY – What element can replace hydrogen in hydro chloride?
- DISNEY – What is the name of Simba’s mother in The Lion King?
- GEOGRAPHY – Which country includes the northernmost regularly inhabited place on Earth?
- ALSO KNOWN AS (AUTHORS) – What does the “J” stand for in the pen name of author J.K. Rowling?
- ACTOR-GOVERNORS – What three action movies did future state Governors of California and Minnesota co-star in?
Rate My Question
- PSYCHOLOGY – “What is the term for the phenomenon where a person who learns a word, name, or other random thing for the first time suddenly starts coming across it seemingly everywhere?” – submitted by Cali
- FAST FOOD – “Invented by Herb Peterson, what staple McDonald’s menu item made its debut in 1972?“ – submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- ANATOMY – “What percentage of the average adult human’s bones are located in the hands & feet?” – submitted by Taylor
- VEGETABLES – The rutabega, also known as a swede, is a cross between what two vegetables?
- CARD GAMES – Also known as Argentine Rummy, despite being invented in Uruguay in the 1940’s, which card game is a popular partnered variation of Rummy, where players attempt to make melds of seven cards of the same rank or play all cards in their hand to win?
Weekly Wrap Up
- November 25th, 2019 @ Palace – Damifeyno 135 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 2nd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include DOGS, MYTHOLOGY, 80’s SITCOMS, GEOGRAPHY, MUSTARD, MST3K, and more.
- December 3rd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include BROADWAY, POKEMON, TEXTING ACRONYMS, MODERN RAP, SCIENCE FICTION, CHICAGO PIZZA and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about ‘Mathematics’ selected by ‘Tarpon Wildcats’.
- December 5th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include SHAKESPEARE, WORLD WAR II, SOUTH PARK, 90’s HIP HOP, BUTTS AND BOOBS, and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS selected by ‘Dungeons and Dragons and Brooklyn’.
- December 7th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL @ No. 3 – Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! Join us for an evening of belch craft beer and a Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: Rick and Morty Edition at No.3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar, featuring Rick and Morty-themed prizes provided by Cool Comics and Games! From Abradof Lincler to Zick Zack, we’ll be tearing down any and all monuments to compromise by quizzing SWFL on the beloved hit [adult swim] animated series RICK AND MORTY, featuring mind-bending questions about YOUR favorite characters from the show, memorable moments, cameos, behind the scenes trivia and more! Join us for RICK AND MORTY trivia on Saturday, December 7th at No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Wilco, Nick Lowe & Mavis Staples rehearse “The Weight” – YouTube
- Orson Welles Drunk Wine Commercial Outtakes + Final Dubbed Version – YouTube
- Obscure Audio 2: Orson Welles Outtakes – Frozen Peas – YouTube
- Pinky & The Brain Orson Welles Parody (Animaniacs)
- Chemical Party Extended Widescreen – YouTube — A hilarious chemistry study aide. Thanks Carly!
- The “Original” Predator Was Played By Jean-Claude Van Damme—And it Sucked
- The Founder Trailer – YouTube