Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Zach and Taylor, the winner of Nice Guys Pizza’s five-year triviaversary! The guests recount their experience and share some trivia, along with Lee’s favorite questions of the week and a dip into Marc’s repository. Lee shares some strategies his own teams use for table-talk and sussing at live trivia events. Marc reveals his very subjective scoring methodology.
- ACRONYMS – ‘RPM’ on a traditional record player stands for what?
- TERMS OF VENERY – What kind of bird can be called an “unkindness” or a “conspiracy” in a group, and is more skilled than parrots at mimicking human speech, and can also replicate other sounds from the human world like car engines revving or toilets flushing?
- AL-QEADA – Mohammad Atef and Osama Bin Laden were required to be on opposite teams when engaging in what activity?
- EXTINCT ANIMALS – Megatherium was a genus of what now extinct animal endemic to South America?
- ACADEMY AWARDS – Who gushingly accepted her Oscar with “I can’t believe that you like me. You really like me.”?
- GEOGRAPHY – The geographic center of the 48 contiguous states lies in what midwestern city, which shares its name with what Western Asian country that borders Syria?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – What U.S. President was best known by his friends and families for driving unsuspecting marks straight into a lake in his amphicar?
- STATE BIRDS – Which bird, chosen to represent seven states, is the most common state bird?
- “Janis Joplin’s band was called The Electric Factory, not the Electric Company.” – Lee
- “The director of Starship Troopers is Paul Verhoeven, not Paul Van Derhoeven.” – Lee
- “The Flying Dutchman written by Ricardo Walker? No, Richard Wagner wrote The Flying Dutchman, which I read up a bit on, seen as a level-up for the composer, though he distanced himself from the style in later years” – Lee
- “Was listening to this episode and the night before Halloween is also known as devil’s night. It’s a regional thing I guess.” – John Grupp
- “Not so much a miss-correction but more of clarification. Houdini didn’t get punched on Halloween, he only died on Halloween… he was punched in the abdomen several times a little over a week before.. the guy asked if didn’t believe in the feats in the bible was true, and then asked if it was true that he couldn’t be hurt by being punched in the gut. The guy punch him several times while Houdini was sitting in a chair, he had a show days later, and refused medical treatment despite knowing he had appendicitis. His last words were… “I’m tired of fighting…. I don’t want to keep fighting anymore” – Erik
- “What movie did Judge Reinhold play a judge in? None, he did play a courtroom judge on Arrested Development, as well as Clerks: The Animated Series.” – Lee
- “Dolly the Sheep’s DNA came from a mammary cell hence her namesake Dolly Parton.” – Taylor
- NINE INCH NAILS – The 2005 Nine Inch Nails album With Teeth featured drums performed by who on most tracks, including the single “Every Day Is Exactly The Same?”
- ASTRONOMY – What is the name of Mars’s largest moon?
- CATS AND LITERATURE – According to an obituary of the character’s creator published in the Los Angeles Times, what orange cartoon cat was named after a fictional character in Emily Brontë’s novel Wuthering Heights?
- CHICKEN CHAINS – What famous Georgia chicken restaurant was founded by Zach McElroy and Tony Townley?
- REVOLUTIONARIES – What was Che Guevarra’s first name?
- GREEK ISLANDS – What Greek island is located northeast of Crete, southeast of Athens, and once featured a colossus, one of the seven wonders of the world?
Rate My Question
- “ASTRONOMY – Which planet in our solar system is the closest to every other planet in our solar system for MOST of the time?” – submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Gil
- U.S. GOVERNMENT – What Missouri congressman seeking election was dismayed to find his opponent was named ‘Richard A. Gephart?’
- SEINFELD – Besides the main cast and Ruthie Cohen, a cashier at Monks Cafe, who appears in the background of over 100 episodes of the sitcom Seinfeld, what character is the second most frequently appearing character on the show Seinfeld, with 48 appearances?
- FENCING – Direct elimination fencing bouts are determined when time runs out or a player reaches what score?
- How many different tiles have a point value of ‘4’ in the game of Scrabble?
Weekly Wrap Up
- November 2nd, 2019 @ No. 3 – The Office Trivia – Team Levinson (No Longer Levinson-Gould), 140 pts.
- November 4th, 2019 @ Palace – Trivia Newton John, 61 pts.
- November 5th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies, 78 pts.
- Novemver 7th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – As You Wish, 92 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 11th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include 80’s MUSIC, VIDEO GAMES, DINOSAURS, STRANGER THINGS, NEW YORK CITY THE TITANIC & more. Final question category will be ‘SEXY GINGER MEN’ selected by last week’s biggest learners.
- November 12th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include2019’s BEST SELLING BOOKS, CLASSIC ROCK, MOVIES FROM THE 1930’s, SPORTS, CHEESE, SCTV and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about PHYSICS selected by ‘Tarpon Charlies’.
- November 14th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include SITCOMS, MODERN ROCK, BASEBALL, BOOKS, HELLO KITTY, TAROT CARDS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about CELEBS THAT DIED IN 2018 selected by ‘Get Your Beer Here’.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”