Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Lee’s wife, the indie folk singer-songwriter Kyle Anne, who is wrapping up the Kickstarter campaign for her album Eulogy to talk about that and share some favorite trivia questions.
- SPOOKY LESBIAN PORN – A 1959 American supernatural horror film directed by William Castle, and its 1999 remake which starred Geofrrey Rush and Famke Jannsen, inspired the title of what 2007 porn parody movie, which opens with a lesbian scene in a hot tub?
- WORLD POPULATION – What is the least-densely populated country on the planet?
- GRAPHIC NOVELS – What is the only graphic novel to have won a Pulitzer Prize?
- POP CULTURE – Lamb Chop is a puppet that was famously controlled by what ventriloquist?
- BACK TO THE FUTURE – In the Back to the Future series, what family owns a vehicle dealership in every iteration of Hill Valley, selling “Fine Horses” in 1885, “Studebakers” in 1955 and “Pontiacs” in 2015?
- ART – What was the name of Andy Warhol’s studio in New York City?
- AMERICAN ECONOMY – Which U.S. state depends most on tourism?
- Minor Missed Correction, it’s pronounced bor-ber-ig-mus. I don’t actually know if the frog connection is a real thing but I like to imagine a bunch of scientists in a lab making that noise when they coined it. – Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- Here is my missed correction. On episode 30 Marc asked: “Alabama, Alaska, Hawaii, Mississippi, Utah and Wyoming are all states that don’t participate in what?“ the answer was lottery. I live pretty close to Wyoming and I go there for work every month. I knew I had seen signs, advertisements etc. for WyoLotto. – submitted by Dan
- WORLD RECORDS – What is the only band that has played a show on all seven continents, including an intimate 2013 concert in Antarctica attended by 120 scientists and contest winners?
- CELEBRITY BIRTHPLACES – Where was Gordan Ramsey born?
- TV CATCHPHRASES – What was Jad Clampett’s catchphrase on the Beverly Hillbillies?
- CULT FILMS – What controversial movie was named by the New York Times the “Worst Movie of the Year”, while director Wernor Herzog said it was a “true sci-fi classic” that “knocked (him) out of his chair”?
- WORLD HISTORY – The path known as the silk road stretched for 4,000 miles from China to wear?
- DOG HISTORY – In Munich, 1972, Waldi was the first ever mascot for the Olympics and was what breed of dog (also the first breed of dog to be successfully cloned)?
Rate My Question
- CLONING – Named for country music singer Dolly Parton, Dolly the Sheep was the world’s first cloned mammal. From what type of cell, did her DNA originate? – submitted by Taylor
- LITERATURE – Which famous 19th/20th century author coined the use of the term “canon” to refer to their works of fiction; after many other authors began using their characters? – Proverbial Lightkeeper Dylan
- VIDEO GAMES – What is the top selling video game on a single platform of all time?
- TERMS OF VENERY – In The Lighthouse, several groups of seagulls are shown, which can be referred to by what term of venery? What is a group of seagulls called?
- PLAYBOY MAGAZINE – One of the most valuable issues of Playboy Magazine (estimated at an eBay value of $3,000) is the August 1993 edition, which features Pamela Anderson posing with which actor?
Weekly Wrap Up
- October 29th, 2019 @ Palace – The Moisture Mash (It Was a Graveyard Splash), 113 pts.
- October 30th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies, 71 pts.
- October 31st, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – As You Wish, 103 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 4th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include BOURBON, CYBERPUNK, SAILOR MOON, URBAN LEGENDS, SIGN LANGUAGE & more. Final question category will be ‘EARLY 2000’s CARTOON NETWORK’ selected by last week’s biggest learners Big Bags McGee.
- November 5th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include LITERATURE, 80’s MUSIC, CULINARY, 60’s TELEVISION, ANIMALS, SPORTS and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about SEINFELD selected by ‘Say My Name’.
- November 7th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include LORD OF THE RINGS, STAR TREK, HARRY POTTER, MARVEL, 90’s NU METAL, CLASSIC WWE and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about PALM READING selected by ‘Things that Don’t Go Squeak in the Night’.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Eulogy by Kyle Anne — Kickstarter — The Kickstarter campaign for Kyle Anne’s new album
- Kyle Anne – Lovebug Season (Official Music Video) – YouTube
- Not Another Dime — Ken Whitman, the Kickstarter Bandit
- Playboy Magazine August 1993 Cover — A photo answer to Kyle Anne’s last question