Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Dallas for a spooky sixty-ninth episode of the KnowNo for some spooky (and some not-so-spooky) questions, plus a few quizmaster insights! The trio also take a call from Quizmaster Adam, who describes one of the strangest trivia formats they’ve ever heard.
- OPERA – Written by Richard Wagner, about his travels to India, what opera tells the story of the daughter of a ship captain who sacrifices herself to free a spirit?
- CANDY NAMES – What classic candy was prominently featured in an episode of Seinfeld and was originally named after a series of articles in the New Yorker published during the 1950’s?
- HALLOWEEN-ADJACENT HOLIDAYS – A popular night of pranks, the night before Halloween is commonly called what?
- HALLOWEEN ORIGINS – In 1920, the first Halloween was celebrated in a town called Anoka, known as the capital of Halloween in the U.S., is located in which U.S. state?
- TAYLOR SWIFT – Inspired by a role performed by a celebrity friend, what comic book character did Taylor Swift dress up as for Halloween 2016?
- CANDY BEST SELLERS – According to candystore.com, what is the top Halloween candy?
- HORROR MOVIES – In the film series SAW, what is Jigsaw’s real name?
- GOURDS – What state produces the most gourds (five times more than any other state)?
- HALLOWEEN DEATHS – In what year did Harry Houdini die on Halloween?
- CRYPTIDS – According to legend, what legendary cryptid was born as a normal, albeit cursed thirteenth child to Mother Leeds, but changed into a creature with hooves, a goat’s head, bat wings, and a forked tail?
- CULT MOVIES – Name the movie that features these characters: Detective Angela Dodson, the archangel Gabriel, Lucifer Morningstar and Papa Midnight.
- HALLOWEEN TRADITIONS – In what country did the making of Jack-O-Lanterns originate?
- SERIAL KILLERS OF NEW ORLEANS – What New Orleans serial killer terrorized the community in the early 20th century, but wrote to a local paper on his mercy for jazz aficionados “I am very fond of jazz music, and I swear by all the devils in the nether regions that every person shall be spared in whose home a jazz band is in full swing.”
Rate My Question
- FRUITS – “Derived from the same root as the word malice, what fruit has the scientific name ‘Malus domestica’?” – submitted by Keshav
- POPULAR PARTY DAYS – According to the holidayspot.com, Halloween is recognized as the third biggest party day after what two days?
- CHEMISTRY – Lithium, Sodium and Potassium are all examples of what kind of metal?
- HORROR FILM ACTING LEGENDS – Name the only three actors who have portrayed the same horror character on film at least 3 times?
Weekly Wrap Up
- October 24th, 2019 @ Palace – Return of the Living Moist, 93 pts.
- October 22nd, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Fat Cats, 103 pts.
- October 21st, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – As You Wish, 117 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 28th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include ROBIN WILLIAMS, RU PAUL’S DRAG RACE, BASEBALL, FRENCH WINE, THE LEGEND OF ZELDA, CLASSIC ROCK & more. Final question category will be PHIL COLLINS selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘ Big Yoshi’.
- October 29th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include AMERICAN HISTORY, CHEMISTRY, COLOR THEORY, DOG BREEDS, BIRDS and more. Final wager question category will be DESSERTS selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Sleepless In Seattle’.
- October 31st, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include HALLOWEEN, BRITISH LITERATURE, PHARMACEUTICALS, BACK TO THE FUTURE, NINTENDO, CARS, THE VENTURE BROS. and more. The final category that evening will be BRIGHT EYES selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘As You Wish’.
- THE OFFICE TRIVIA – November 2nd, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 6:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz THE OFFICE CALENDAR, SCRANTON HANGOUTS, HUMAN RESOURCES, SALES TECHNIQUES
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Spencer the Chef, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Eulogy by Kyle Anne — Kickstarter — Eulogy, the new album by Lee’s wife Kyle Anne, is now on Kickstarter! Check out the video here!
- Turnip Jack-O-Lantern — The photo of a turnip Jack-O-Lantern that startled Lee
- What superhero performed in movies by a friend did Taylor Swift dress up as for Halloween in 2016? — The answer in photo form!
- The Office Trivia Night at No. 3!