Quizmasters Lee & Marc come together to talk about their upcoming events (Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge: The Office Edition and Nice Guys Pizza 5-year Trivia Anniversary). The pair also share their favorite trivia questions of the week. Lee utilizes keen sussing techniques and Marc seeks vengeance over a simple anatomy question. Other topics include Physics, The Beatles, Saturday Night Live, Master Artists, Aviation History, Hollywood Legends and more!
- ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT – What is the name of the one-armed man employed by George Bluth to stage intricate scenarios to frighten George’s children into ‘good’ behavior?
- ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT – According to George Bluth, where can you always find money? In the banana stand.
- PHYSICS – What is the standard unit of measure for energy and work?
- SCIENCE CURRENT EVENTS – William Kaelin Jr, Sir Peter Ratcliffe and Gregg Semenza recently won the nobel prize in which field?
- DISCO – Who performed the classic 1976 disco hit “Disco Inferno”, featured on the hit soundtrack to 1977’s Saturday Night Fever, which brought it back to the Billboard charts for a second time?
- THE BEATLES – Which members of The Beatles didn’t have a middle name?
- GRAMMAR – In American grammar, what is the special case when you would use the word “an”?
- WHAT IS IT? – A ‘howdah’ sits atop what animal?
- “I said 2014 to 2019 was 4 years ago. The difference is 5 years.” – submitted by Marc
- “Tell Lee that “press f to pay respects” is from ADVANCED warfare, not modern warfare. I know it’s a joke question but I refuse to have modern warfare’s good name tarnished on my favorite podcast.” submitted by David Holbrook
- “Roux is flour and oil used for thickening.” – Proverbial Lightkeeper Spencer
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE – What former Saturday Night Live cast member was originally hired as the voice of Shrek?
- MEDICAL TERMS – What is the medical term for the shinbone?
- MEDICAL TERMS – What is the axilla better known as?
- TOM WAITS MOVIES – In what 1999 superhero comedy film does Tom Waits play Doc Heller, a man who specializes in non-lethal weaponry, who equips the team for battle?
- MASTER ARTISTS – Who sculpted such works as The Thinker and the Gates of Hell?
- PET PRODUCTS – Nepetalactone is the active ingredient in what pet product?
- AVIATION HISTORY – In 1920, what was the first city’s airport to implement air traffic control procedures?
Rate My Question
- “In what sporting event would you be disqualified for not “marking out” at the first of the event?” – Proverbial Lightkeeper Spencer
- BASKETBALL – What small forward for the Philadelphia 76er’s, who retired in 1987, is largely credited with reversing the popularity of the slam dunk, which was scene as bullying and unsportsman-like before?
- HOLLYWOOD LEGENDS – Virginia McMath became known as an actress using what name, in films such as Swing Time, Top Hat, and Kitty Foil, for which she received an Academy Award?
Weekly Wrap Up
- October 7th, 2019 @ Palace – As You Wish, 83 pts.
- October 8th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies, 78 pts.
- October 10th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – As You Wish, 109 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 7th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include PIRATE SHIPS, LOCAL RESTAURANTS, MARVEL COMICS, CRIMINAL LAW, CURRENT VIDEO GAMES, DOGS, THE BIBLE, THOMAS EDISON & more. Final question category will be TRUCKING COMPANIES selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘The 3 Stooges’.
- October 8th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include NHL, MLB, COCKTAILS, GREEK PLAYWRIGHTS, ROMAN POETS, PHYSICS, BROADWAY, DISNEY and more. Final wager question category will be WINE & SPIRITS selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Cavakado’.
- October 10th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include ANATOMY, FAMOUS AUTHORS, PHYSICS, NINTENDO 64, COLLEGE FOOTBALL, BREAKING BAD and more. The final category that evening will be RED DEAD REDEMPTION selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘The Misfits’.
- THE OFFICE TRIVIA – November 2nd, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 6:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Spencer the Chef, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.