Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Elyse to hear stories about her first two hosting experiences hosting trivia, while the three attempt to answer (and interrupt) each other’s favorite trivia questions of the week. Lee recounts his time hosting Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges at Bury Me Brewing Co. and digs into the history of one of the most unique television themes: Fraiser. Also discussed: Should a quizmaster double-check close final scores before announcing the night’s winners?
- POPULATION STATISTICS – According to the CDC and attributing it to the holidays and colder winter months keeping people indoors, what month sees the most births in the United States?
- ALSO KNOWN AS – By what name is entertainer David Seth Kotkin better known?
- OBSCURE HOLIDAYS – Last week saw the beginning of the Festival of Novelty Items (observed annually on September 4th). What novelty item sold over 20 million units between the years 2000 and 2001?
- MUSICALS – What 2007 film and current stage show, set in Dublin, features two struggling musicians simply credited as “Guy,” a vacuum repairman, and “Girl,” a flower seller?
- LITERATURE – What author who died in 1986 holds the Guinness World Record title for Most Published Works by One Author?
- FIRST AID – What are the ABC’s of First Aid?
- “I said there lyrics were “it’s my birthday and I’ll cry if I want to” when those aren’t the lyrics of course.” – Marc Davis
- BOX OFFICE RECORDS – Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides is the most expensive movie ever made. What is the second most expensive movie ever made (not adjusted for inflation)?
- NASCAR – In 1979, the national media became fixated on a fistfight at the Daytona 500, between The Allison Brothers and what other NASCAR driver?
- TELEVISION – On Parks and Recreation, what alter-ego did April use during Tom’s Snake Juice release party?
- ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS – Who won an Oscar for playing a crossdresser named Thomas Kent?
- MEDICAL TERMS – Otorhinolaryngology is the study of the diseases of what?
- HISTORY – On September 13th, 1812, the Great Fire of what city began, burning for five days, destroying 75% of the city and killing twelve thousand people?
Rate My Question
- DISNEY – “One of Walt Disney’s “nine old men,” which imagineer and animator, along with his wife, has a window in disneyland that reads: “Far East Imports, Exotic Art”? – submitted by Andrew
- SOFTWARE – In 1995, what piece of software was installed on more computers than any other?
- FAMOUS LANDMARKS – The largest mosque in Africa, the Al-Ahazar mosque, overlooks the Atlantic Ocean in what North African city?
- FOOD & DRINK – What drink was originally known in Thailand as ‘Krating Daeng’?
Weekly Wrap Up
- September 23rd, 2019 @ Palace – Trivia Newton John – 96 pts.
- September 24th, 2019 @ Gather – Couch Potatoes – 64 pts.
- September 25th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – If You’re Not Moist, You’re Last
- September 25th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Beers Bar – As You Wish – 113 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 30th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include 90’S TOYS, DUNGEONS & DRAGONS, BOATING & FISHING, POWER TOOLS, GOLDENEYE, KING OF THE HILL, WHO’S LINE IS IT ANYWAY?, COUNTRY MUSIC & more. Final question category will be ONE DIRECTION selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Team Turkey.’
- October 1st, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include NFL, CLASSIC ROCK, DRUNK ASTRONAUTS, POKEMON, JAPANESE POETRY, COMIC BOOK MOVIES, VOCABULARY, U.S. CIVIL WAR and more. Final wager question category will be SAW MOVIES selected by last week’s biggest learners It’s Moist O’Clock Somewhere.
- October 3rd, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include ANIME, U.S. STATES, BEER, WINES FROM SOUTH AFRICA, ATARI, HARRY POTTER, MUSIC OF THE 1970’s, MOVIES OF THE 1980’s and more. The final category that evening will be SEX AND THE CITY selected by Team Hungover.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- The Freecoasters – Reggae and Soul — The band that Marc recently joined on a tour. He also plays bongos on the new record!
- ONCE – Broadway Palm Dinner Theatre — A version of the musical ONCE that, while it wasn’t Elyse’s favorite interpretation, is one she reccomends none-the-less.
- PARIS IS BURNING | Official HD Restoration Trailer (2019) | LGBTQ DOCUMENTARY | Film Threat Trailers – YouTube — “The balls that they held in New York.” – Lee
- In the Early 19th Century, Firefighters Fought Fires … and Each Other | At the Smithsonian | Smithsonian