Quizmasters Lee & Marc are joined by Seth who is fresh off of appearances of two other broadcast shows – WGCU’s Three Song Stories and PBS’s Family Pictures USA – to share some conversation and some trivia questions, with topics including BEARS, TIME ZONES, CLASSIC TV, GUITAR LEGENDS, COCKTAILS, CHEMISTRY, WORLD WAR II and more!
- WHAT BEAR IS BEST? What type of brown bear is the largest land-based carnivore in the world and is named after the Alaskan archipelago on which it resides?
- TIME ZONES – In what time zone is El Paso, TX?
- ACRONYMS – What does RADAR stand for?
- NFL – Which Washington NFL team was named by fans, from a contest with over 20,000 entries?
- HURRICANES – What hurricane had the largest ever death toll in the United States?
- MEDICAL CONDITIONS – What is anosmia?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION – Who played Gilligan on Gilligan’s Island?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION – Name the only cast members from Gilligan’s Island that are still alive?
- HISTORY – On September 11, 1978, British medical photographer was the last known person to die of what illness?
- PEE WEE’S PLAYHOUSE – On Pee Wee’s Playhouse, who was the beauty and fashion obsessed character that often visited and flirted with Pee Wee?
- CHEMISTRY – Can you name three noble gasses?
- COUNTRY MUSIC – Not counting Elvis, what actor is mentioned by name in the Shania Twain song “That Don’t Impress Me Much”?
- COCKTAILS – What classic cocktail is made of equal parts gin, campari, and sweet vermouth?
- INVENTIONS – What company introduced the first radio with push button tuning in 1927?
- GUITAR LEGENDS – Which grammy award winning guitar legend released 62 albums during his lifetime, with an additional 50 albums posthumously released after his death in 1994?
- SCI-FI MOVIES – What android displays immense fine motor skills with a knife and Private Hudson’s hand in an iconic scene in the 1986 sci-fi movie Aliens?
- WORLD WAR II – Who was the deputy fuhrer that parachuted in Scotland in 1941 to try and arrange peace talks with the UK, and was ultimately convicted of war crimes during the Nuremberg Trials before dying of suicide in prison?
Weekly Wrap Up
- September 16th, 2019 @ Palace – Jet Fuel Can’t Melt Moist Beams – 102 pts.
- September 17th, 2019 @ Gather – Williams Sonoma Gals – 92 pts.
- September 18th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Four Horseman – 88 pts.
- September 19th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Beers Bar – As You Wish – 90 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 23rd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include DOGS, PUNS, AUSTRALIA, INDIE ROCK, BARTENDING, WORLD WAR II, WWE & more. Final question category will be GODZILLA selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Link & Friends.’
- September 24th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include MUSIC & MOVIES OF THE 1980’S, OBSCURE HOLIDAYS, MLB, SPORTS CARS, U.S. CITIES, and more. Final wager question category will be JFK’S LOVERS selected by last week’s biggest learners ‘Unkown Nomads.
- September 25th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will ‘include HARRY POTTER , BEER , DISNEY , FOOD & COOKING , RETRO VIDEO GAMES , ORGANIC CHEMISTRY ?, GAME OF THRONES and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be JEFF LYNNE selected by ‘God Damned Sports Questions.’
- September 26th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include THE MASKED SINGER, SANDWICHES, INTERIOR DESIGN, STAR TREK, 80’S TV COMMERCIALS and more. The final category that evening will be BOY BANDS selected by ‘KOTAW.’
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Rachel, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- LOCAL: Southwest Florida | Family Pictures USA | Family Pictures USA | PBS — Seth appeared on this show over the summer.
- Three Song Stories – Episode 75 – Seth Ford