Quizmaster Marc returns to join Quizmaster Lee and returning guest Kristin, who hosted her first trivia event earlier this month. The trio throw some of their favorite recent trivia questions at each other with topics including BAT SEX, PLAYBOY, COCKTAILS, STATE MOTTOS, CLASSIC TELEVISION, FICITIONAL CARS & POTATO CHIPS and more!
- PARKS & RECREATION – Pawnee Councilman Jeremy Jamm holds what occupation?
- STAR TREK – In Star Trek: The Next Generation, what song does Dr. Crusher play to teach Data how to dance?
- STATE MOTTOS – “Liberty, Equality, Fraternity” is the English translation of what country’s motto?
- PLAYBOY – Since 1970, the Library of Congress has made available a picture-free version of every issue of Playboy magazine in what language?
- ANIMALS – What animal has the latin-name Rhincodon Typus?
- COCKTAILS – What alcoholic drink was originally called “The Red Snapper,” at the time made with gin?
“I’m with Doug. I’ve never heard, nor used the abbreviation “CTD.” I’m an RN and my first job out of school was working on an oncology unit. Lots of patients circling the drain, but never used that phrase or abbreviation.
Maybe “slang” would be more appropriate than “lingo.” I was definitely thinking of more technical phrases.”
What is the difference between lingo and slang?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – Who was the 21st President of the United States?
- POP CULTURE – Who did Al Roker replace on the Today show?
- POTATO CHIPS – Reviewed by Leonard on the sitcom Community, what fictional potato chip brand also appears on shows such as Orange Is The New Black, Arrested Development, New Girl, The Middle, 2 Broke Girls, My Name Is Earl, Ugly Betty, The New Adventures of Old Christine, Sons of Anarchy, CSI: NY and many, many more?
- FICTIONAL CARS – In the Dukes of Hazzard, what was the make and model of the General Lee?
- CLASSIC TV – What are the names of the children in the The Brady Bunch?
- BAT SEX – The short-nosed Chinese fruit bat is the only kind of bat that engages in what kind of sexual behavior?
Rate My Question
- “The Czech Republic has consumed the most beer per capita of any country for the last 24 years, which country consumed the second most amount of beer per capita, consuming an average of 108 liters per person every year?” – submitted by Quizdaddy Tim
- THE SIMPSONS – What is Bart Simpson’s middle name?
- CLASSIC ROCK – The production of the film Monty Python and The Holy Grail benefitted from the profits of what classic rock album, the third best selling studio album of all time?
- NFL – Who are the only two people to win the Super Bowl as a player, an assistant coach and a head coach?
Weekly Wrap Up
- August 26th, 2019 @ Palace – The Moist is Stored in The Balls – 107 pts.
- August 27th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies – 64 pts.
- August 28th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Pootie Tang – 109 pts.
- August 29th, 2019 @ Squeak You Like a Hurricane – 101 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 2nd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. SOUTH AMERICAN AND U.S. GEOGRAPHY, 90’s ROCK MUSIC, TRAILER PARK BOYS, DOLLY PARTON, SCIENTOLOGY, BUTTERFLIES OF FLORIDA & more. Final question category will be COLORADO BREWERIES selected by last week’s biggest learners We’re Always Voted Off The Island.
- September 3rd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include CLASSIC ROCK, THE OFFICE, ANIMALS, FOOD & COOKING, THE NFL, THE NBA, THE MLB, THE NHL and more. Final wager question category will be THE DOORS selected by the team ‘I just want to eat food.’
- September 4th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include 70’s SITCOMS, 80’s MOVIES, 90’s HIP HOP, THE ROOM, FRASIER, VIDEO GAMES, GREEK MYTHOLOGY and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be BROOKLYN 99 selected by ‘The Misfits.’
- September 5th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include SHAKESPEARE, THE MUPPETS, THE WALKING DEAD, POKÉMON, BUCK ROGERS, SMALL HORSES, SIGNS OF THE ZODIAC & MORE . The final category that evening will be RICK AND MORTY selected by ‘Meseeks & Destroy.’
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.