Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Juan Gomez of KING Entertainment, a 12 year veteran in the pub trivia industry. Juan brings a set of questions for the KnowNo squad, as well as stories of his history with trivia, insights into the professional aspects of running trivia events and his unique approach to writing questions for his players. The quizmasters also round-table on topics such as device usage, heckling, handling corrections from players in the room, maximum team size and more.
- SPORTS ARENAS – State Farm Arena, formerly Phillips Arena, is the home of what NBA team?
- 19th CENTURY SLANG – In 19th century Britain,a ‘velocipede,’ or more colloquially a boneshaker, would refer to what object?
- GLOBAL TRADE – What two South American countries are part of OPEC?
- HOLLYWOOD – Based on U.S. Box Office, who is the highest grossing star of 2019 (so far)?
- SPORTS ICONS – What famous boxing referee was known for the catchphrase “Let’s Get It On” and became a TV judge after retirement?
- ASTROLOGY – Which planet claims the title of ‘Planet of Dreams’?
- “How many women trivia hosts do you know who do what you do (create a local game)?” – Blair, Houston, TX
- SECRET SERVICE NICKNAMES – To John F Kennedy’s “Lancer”, what was Jacqueline Kennedy’s Secret Service nickname?
- DEATH STATISTICS – What is the #1 cause of death in National Parks?
- VIDEO GAME HISTORY – In what year was the Sega Genesis released in North America?
- CHEMISTRY – While it’s official name is magnesium-iron silicate hydroxide, what is the common name of the mineral first identified in and named after Cummington, Massachusetts?
- BUSINESS – Tumblr was bought for 1.1 billion dollars by Yahoo, and was recently sold for how many millions of dollars?
- MIXOLOGY – What are the three main ingredients in a classic margarita?
- GEOGRAPHY – Minsk is the capital of what Eastern European country?
- POP CULTURE – Which brand tops the list of best alcohol brands in the world for 2019?
- MUSIC – Who released the 1972 album Superfly?
- GROUPS OF ANIMALS – A murder of crows. A gaggle of geese. A prickle of porcupines. These classifications are known as Terms of what (a word that traces its origins to hunting in the Middle Ages)?
Weekly Wrap Up
- August 12th, 2019 @ Palace – Spunk in the Trunk – 111 pts.
- August 13th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Fat Cats – 70 pts.
- August 14th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – House Snow – 78 pts.
- August 15th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – The Moist & The Furious: Tokyo Drip – 77 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 19th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories include POKÉMON, LETTERKENNY, DOG BREEDS, ASTRONOMY, U.S. PRESIDENTS, EMO MUSIC, HERMAN’S HEAD, THE FILMS OF JUSTIN LONG & more. Final question category will be Nautical Terminology selected by last week’s biggest learners Team Turkey.
- August 20th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. NETFLIX, FOOTBALL, ART HISTORY, CLASSIC COUNTRY COOKING, GEMS, STATE CAPITALS, ICE CREAM FLAVORS and more. Final wager question category will be THE OFFICE selected by Dumb and Dumber (form. The Hot Ladies).
- August 21st, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE, NORSE MYTHOLOGY, LORD OF THE RINGS, BEEKEEPING, RICK & MORTY, LETTERKENNY, 90’s HIP HOP and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be Edgar Allen Poe selected by ‘She-Ra and the Princess of Power.’
- August 22nd, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include MARINE BIOLOGY, CLASSIC CARS, SONG’s OF THE 80’s, REN & STIMPY, KING OF THE HILL, THE PRINCESS BRIDE, IRISH LORE, COSMETOLOGY, CYTOGENETICS & MORE . The final category that evening will be THE OFFICE selected by ‘Really Bad at Picking Names.’
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Bike Polo – YouTube — All Florida Bike Polo 2010 – Final Match – Pt.1 – YouTube Some of Marc and Lee’s friends play this game.
- I Heart JLP — The shop of Jerrod Landon Porter, one of our favorite artist and designers.
- I Like Killing Flies (2004) – YouTube — A documentary about a NYC restaurant, that Lee mentions as an example of a thriving business that has a strict rule set.