Quizmasters Lee and Marc review their respective pub trivia nights and present their favorite trivia questions of the week.
- BIOLOGY – In biology, when a dog or cat loses its fur it’s known as shedding. What is the term for when a dragonfly or other arthropod sheds its exoskeleton?
- GEOGRAPHY – What is the only nation that shares a land border with Portugal?
- MOVIES – Natural Born Killers was based on a screenplay written by what famous director/actor?
- POLITICS/COUNTRY MUSIC – To which country singer did Hilary Clinton apologize after denying that she was “a little woman standing by her man like ” when asked about her husband’s affair with Gennifer Flowers in a 1992 interview?
- INVENTIONS – In an effort to hedge against steel rationing in 1941, which automobile company made a prototype car out of soybeans, wheat and corn, running on hemp oil?
- LANDMARKS – The city of Newcastle, the fireworks capital of America, is located in what U.S. State?
- “A group of geese is called a gaggle on the ground, or in flight a skein or a wedge (not a gander).” – David
- “Homeboy on your latest podcast episode pulled a dirty trick with that whole “natural disaster” thing. Here is the Oxford definition: “a natural event such as a flood, earthquake, or hurricane that causes great damage or loss of life.” It is universally known that the phrase refers specifically to extreme weather events events and ocean/seismic activity. He HAD to use that phrase to keep his trivia question difficult enough to not give away that the answer was a disease, but in my opinion it just indicates that the question should be framed a different way. Using the term “natural disaster” is deceiving, and completely incorrect according to popular use! I call bullshit.” – Tim, MN
- CULINARY ARTS – In French, what cooking term means “to slice into thin strips,” usually leafy greens?
- CULINARY ARTS – What food science discipline seeks to investigate the chemical and physical transformations that occur in ingredients while cooking?
- LANGUAGE – What does the Swahili word “Simba” mean in English?
- GEOGRAPHY – Which state capital means “Of the Monks” in French, and was almost named Fort Racoon?
- SHAKESPEARE – The full title of Hamlet is “The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of ____.” Where was Hamlet the Prince of?
- STEELY DAN – The band Steely Dan is known to name-drop alcoholic beverages and mixed drinks in their songs. Name of these drinks and the song it comes from.
Rate My Question
- POKEMON – The following text is the Pokedex entry for what Pokemon? “This Pokemon uses a mysterious power. When it does so, this Pokémon generates brain waves that are supposedly only seen in sleepers. This discovery spurred controversy among scholars.”
- NURSING – In medical nursing lingo, what does CTD stand for?
- WOMEN’S HISTORY – On June 25, 1993 Kim Campbell became the first Prime Minister of which country?
Weekly Wrap Up
- August 1st, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Peanut the Dog Says the Water in Flint is Fine – 97 pts.
- August 5th, 2019 @ Palace – I’m Not Your Father But Your Sister Calls Me Daddy, 116 pts.
- August 6th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Fat Cats, 71 pts.
- August 7th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Four Horseman, 92 pts.
- August 8th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 12th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories include GOLDEN GIRLS, MY SO-CALLED LIFE, RETRO AIR JORDANS, ENGINEERING, AUSTRALIAN FOOTBALL, SINGER-SONGWRITER AIMEE MANN, DISNEY & more. Final question category will be 80s & 90’s Music selected by two teams that tied for biggest learners, those being PALACE MOMS & WINE WITCHES.
- August 13th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories include DOGS, VIDEO GAMES, BROADWAY, FOOD & COOKING, CARS, SPORTS, MUSIC & MOVIES OF THE 1980’s & More. Final wager question category will be CIVIL WAR selected by Tarpon Charlies.
- August 14th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include BEER, OCEAN LIFE, CLINT EASTWOOD, 90’s HIP HOP, NICKELODEON, GRUNGE MUSIC, WCW, MARRIED WITH CHILDREN, DRAGONBALL Z, and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be ‘Betablockers’ selected by ‘TRYING.’
- August 15th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories for the quiz will include BRIGHT EYES, SOUTH PARK, CLASSIC ROCK, NBA, NFL, BLUE ANGEL AIR SHOW, GEOGRAPHY, COLLEGE MASCOTS, KEGEL EXERCISES FOR MEN and more. The fiinal category that evening will be U.S. History, selected by T-Buck City.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- New Jersey homeowner calls cops on Bob Dylan – ABC News
- Accusations About Bob Dylan’s Nobel Prize Lecture Rekindle an Old Debate – The New York Times
- American Water (album) – Wikipedia — A Silver Jews/Dave Berman album recommended by Marc