Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Quizmaster Adam, a previous guest and host of Adam’s World Trivia at Fashioning Beer in Changchun, China, as heard in episode 53 of the KnowNo. Adam talks about how he’s sourcing new questions during his vacation back to the states. Lee shares a recent tough bonus point round that stumped his players.
- TELEVISION – What is the real character name of ‘McDreamy’ from Grey’s Anatomy?
- 1980’s MTV – What stop-motion animated music video from the 80’s holds the record for most MTV music video award nominations as well as the record for most number of plays for a single on the channel of all time? (inspired by this post on reddit)
- INVENTIONS – The first commercially available zippers were used on what popular article of clothing?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – What U.S. President was the first whose inauguration was televised?
- MONSTER TRUCKS – Grave Digger may be one of the most popular Monster Trucks, having debuted in 1981, but what is known as the original “Monster Truck” as marketed by Truck-a-Rama promoter Bob George in 1979?
- WORLD HISTORY – What natural disaster began in 1918 and killed 50-100 million people, about 5% of the total population, making it one of the deadliest natural disasters in human history?
- ETYMOLOGY – What Japanese word translates to “divine wind” and was coined when Kublai Kahn was thwarted by a two-day while trying to invade the island nation, destroying most of the invading Mongol force 70,000 large?
- SOUTH PARK – In the 1995 video that served as a pilot for the series South Park, who does Jesus face off against?
- ALUMNI – Former Supreme Court Justices William Renquist, Sandra Day O’Connor and Anthony Kennedy all graduated from what Palo Alto University?
- ANIMAL GROUP NAMES – What is a group of bears called?
- PEOPLE MAGAZINE’S SEXIEST MAN ALIVE – Name the only two men given the title ‘Sexiest Man Alive’ by People Magazine who have died in the years since.
- GEOGRAPHY – The only two island countries in the Middle East are Cyprus and what country?
- TIME’S MAN OF THE YEAR – In 1982, what inanimate object was 1982’s Man of the Year?
- MAGAZINES – What magazine offered readers exclusive closeups of Rosie O’Donnell’s infected finger?
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE – According to the corpus of contemporary American English, what word is the most frequently used word in the English Language?
- TELEVISION – Name three of the girls on the show The Facts of Life.
- ACRONYMS – What does the television acronym HDMI stand for?
- TURTLES – Named after a fisherman who helped discover the species in Key West, what kind of turtle is the only that nests during the day?
Weekly Wrap Up
- July 15th, 2019 @ Palace – The World Is A Moist Place And I Am No Longer Afraid To Die, 101 pts..
- July 16th, 2019 @ Gather – Ender’s Game, 101 pts.
- July 17th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Pootie Tang, 56 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 5th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories include THE OFFICE, RIVERDALE, POKEMON, COFFEE, U.S. HISTORY, MUSIC THEORY, THE SUN & more. Final question category will be Classic Movies selected by Cortez Gang.
- August 6th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories include HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER, CULINARY ARTS, GUITAR PARTS, WORDS & PHRASES, ANIME, TENNIS & More. Final wager question category will be 90’s music selected by Big Fact Hunt.
- August 7th, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be ‘Rockstar Games’ selected by ‘Three Horseman.’
- August 8th, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”