Quizmaster Lee recounts a tumultuous trivia night he hosted recently before trading the week’s favorite trivia questions with Quizmaster Marc. This week’s categories include Star Trek, Australian Animals, U.S. History, Current Events, World Geography, Classic TV, Movie Box Office Records & Release Dates and more!
- STAR TREK – Who played George Kirk in 2009’s Star Trek?
- STAR TREK – Who played Worf on Star Trek: The Next Generation?
- STAR TREK – What rules do the Ferenghi abide by during transactions, negotiations and other business and trade endeavors?
- AUSTRALIA – Nick-named for its plucky call, the Australian ‘pobblebonk’ is what kind of creature?
- MOVIE RELEASES – In what year was the movie Blade Runner released?
- U.S. POLITICS – Who was the GOP Vice-presidential candidate the last time a Democrat won the U.S. Presidency?
- CURRENT EVENTS – What is the name of the new Prime Minister of the United Kingdom?
- CURRENT EVENTS – What is the name of the Governor of Puerto Rico who resigned this week?
- GEOGRAPHY – In Brazil, time zones are determined by their relationship to BRT, which is the time in what Brazilian capital city?
- U.S. HISTORY – What was the better known name of outlaw Harry Longabaugh?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – Which U.S. President is the only to have received the medal of honor?
- BOX OFFICE – The worldwide top-grossing movie of the 1970’s is obviously Star Wars. But what was the second top grossing movie of the decade?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION – What TV show on ran on HBO from 1992-1998 and featured actors Jeffrey Tambor and Rip Torn?
- SOCIAL STATS – What is the most common language spoken in the world?
- NFL – Who holds the NFL record for most career touchdowns?
- HOLLYWOOD NICKNAMES – What was the nickname of actor Marion Mitchell Morrison, who appeared in classic westerns such as Rio Bravo and True Grit?
- BUSINESS – What U.S. city is known as the insurance capital of the world?
- CHEMICAL SYMBOLS – What two-word phrase can be constructed from combining the chemical symbols for Potassium, Nitrogen, Oxygen, Tungsten, and Selenium? You may use each symbol more than once.
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – How many U.S. presidents died while in office of natural causes?
- THE BEATLES – The 1963 album With The Beatles closes with a cover of what song, originally by Berry Gordy?
- SPORTS OF YORE – Using conventional pistol in competitive dueling in France during the late 19th and Early 20th century, bullets were typically made of what material?
Weekly Wrap Up
- July 15th, 2019 @ Palace – God Speed, You Moist Emperor, 108 pts..
- July 16th, 2019 @ Gather – Tarpon Charlies, 94 pts.
- July 17th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Fifth Wheel, 96 pts.
- July 18th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Left of Sanity, 119 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 29th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories include MONSTER TRUCKS, MUSIC of THE 1970’s, CANDY, TIM BURTON SUPER SMASH BROS, & more. Final question category will be 1990’s Cartoons selected by Saucy Fingers.
- July 30th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories include BLACK METAL, BOATING, THE U.S. CIVIL WAR, SCI-FI STUFF, POKER, GEOGRAPHY, THE LAST UNICORN & More. Final wager question category will be Ichthyology selected by Hotlanta.
- July 31st, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories include 90’s HEART THROBS, CLASSIC PORN, FLORIDA MAN, CHAPELLE SHOW, GREEK MYTHOLOGY, FAILED MOVIES and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be ‘World of Warcraft’ selected by ‘I CAME.
- August 1st, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Categories include TERRY PRATCHET’S DISCWORLD, SKYRIM, TABLE TENNIS, AKC DOG GROUPS, THE MOVIES OF ADAM SANDLER & KEVIN SMITH and more. Final category will be ‘Florida Fish Facts’ by Peanut the Dog Says the Civil War Was Only About About States Rights.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Sir Mix-a-lot and Bro, Keepers of the Butt Dungeon. : Bossfight — One of Marc’s favorite memes.
- Joan + JFK Scenes – Clone High – YouTube — Marc’s JFK Pavlovian content.
- John F. Kennedy and PT 109 | JFK Library — A story about JFK being a bad ass during World War II