Quizmasters Lee & Marc wake up early to compete in Adam’s World Trivia at Fashioning Beer in Changchun, China all the way from Florida via video call! They are offered the opportunity to craft a tiebreaker question for the teams live at the venue.
- CHINESE LANGUAGE – What is the Chinese word for ‘Sheep’?
- MATH PUZZLE – Rearrange the following numbers and symbols to form a true equation: 2, 3, 4, 5, +, =. You may arrange them however you like, but you have to use all of them and no others. There is only one solution.
- GREEK MYTHOLOGY – In Greek mythology, what three animals make up the Chimera?
- POP MUSIC – Ty Herndon’s 1995 hit song “What Mattered Most” was recently released with new lyrics. Fill in the blanks in its new opening line: “I thought I knew the ____ so well, if the ____ was sad, I couldn’t tell.”
- CURRENT EVENTS – After decades of deliberation and planning, which country has broken ground on a controversial multi-billion dollar airport expected to connect the country’s historical jewel more easily with the outside world?
- VIDEO GAMES – First brought on a 1993 mission to the Mir space station, what was the first video game played in space?
- CHINESE INVENTIONS – Which ancient chinese invention dates back to 5,000 B.C. and is likely to be the last one you ever use?
- MEASUREMENTS OF TIME – How long is a sidereal day, the length of time it takes for the earth to make one full rotation?
- SCAMTO SLANG – In the South African township talk slang language known as Scamto if someone calls you a “cheese boy” or “cheese girl”, what are they saying about you?
- OVERTHINK/UNDERTHINK – Name four pastas unnamed by other teams playing.
- LITERATURE – The character Alonso Quixano is the protagonist of which influential work of literature, considered by some to be the first modern novel?
- GEOGRAPHY – Which country claims the longest stretch of the equatorial line?
- ANIMAL GEOGRAPHY – What are the only two countries in the world with a living species in the genus alligator?
- AFRICAN SLAVE TRADE – Over the course of the African slave trade, which country was responsible for having imported the most slaves, by far with an estimated 4.9 million individuals?
- HARMONICA – How many holes are present on the Richter-tuned harmonica, or common blues harp?
- ANIMAL TRAFFICKING – Accounting for as much as 20% of all illegal wildlife trades, what is the world’s second most trafficked mammal (after humans)?
- TECH ACRONYMS – In wireless networking, what does the acronym LTE stand for?
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.