Quizmasters Lee & Marc catch up with returning guests and trivia players Jamie and Erik an extended quiz! Jamie shares his team’s system for coming up with a great trivia team name. Lee details a flub he made as a quizmaster and the efforts he took to correct the problem.
- FAMOUS LANDMARKS – What is the name of the colorful landmark that exists in Red Square, Moscow, Russia that was built under Ivan the Terrible’s rule?
- POP MUSIC – Who collaborated with Drake on the 2014 platinum-selling single “Tuesday”?
- FENCING – What are the three styles of fencing?
- AFRICAN GEOGRAPHY – What is the only nation that borders both Morocco and Tunisia?
- ANIMALS – Which aquatic mammal has the world’s thickest fur? More than one million hairs per square inch.
- MARVEL ACTORS – Of famous spoiler actor Tom Holland’s co-stars in the MCU, who revealed a plot detail of their own movie the night before its premiere in 1989?
- FIREWORKS – What color firework holds the distinction of being the rarest and most expensive?
- GAME SHOW HOSTS – In what year did Bob Barker retire as host of the game show The Price Is Right?
- DISNEY ANIMATED CLASSICS – What is the name of the street mouse in 1970’s The Aristocats, who shares his name with a French cheese made from sheep’s milk?
- TRADEMARKS – What company successfully pushed the term video game console so that they wouldn’t risk losing their valuable trademark?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY – In what US State would you find the cities Blue Ball and Intercourse?
- “In a previous episode, Lee referred to German as a romance language. German is considered to be a Germanic language, along with English and Dutch.” – Erik
- “In episode 46 KnowNo Gone Wild, Marc asked a question about country capitals in Africa. He said that Johannesburg was the capital of South Africa. Johannesburg is the largest city in South Africa, but not the capital. I thought it was Cape Town, but apparently they don’t have a legally defined capital. Each branch of government (executive, judicial, legislative) has its own capital city. Pretoria is the executive capital, Bloemfontein is the judicial capital, and Cape Town is the legislative capital. Also, he said there were 40-ish countries in Africa. I had to google because I was curious, but there are 54 countries in Africa.” – Taylor
- GREMLINS – What is the name of the mohawked antagonist in the 1984 Christmastime comedy horror film “Gremlins”?
- WALT DISNEY WORLD – At Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom in Orlando, what is the Liberty Square part of the park missing that is included in all the other lands in the park?
- DISNEY ANIMATED SERIES – What multi-talented Broadway star is the voice of Gizmoduck in the animated series Duck Tales 2019 reboot?
- AWARD WINNING COMEDY SERIES – As of 2014, which television show had received the most Emmy’s for a comedy series, at 37?
- ANAGRAMS – “Bong Smile” is an anagram made from the name of what disgraced Actor & Director?
- NAMING CONTESTS – After an online vote in 2011, Toyota announced that the official plural of ‘Prius’ is what?
- NOM NOM NOMENCLATURE – What is the name for the individual rectangular breakable sections of a Hershey’s chocolate bar?
- FAMOUS INVENTIONS – American engineer Percy Spencer is known for inventing what popular kitchen appliance in 1947, that was originally 6 ft tall, weight 750 lbs. and cost between $2,000 and $3,000?
- U.S. TERRITORIES – Of all of the non-state territories controlled by the United States, which are not considered to be U.S. citizens?
- MEDICAL TERMINOLOGY – What is the more common term for a solar erythema?
- ALTERNATE MOVIE TITLES – Mr. Cat Poop is the alternate title of what movie?
- EARLY U.S. STATES – What was the second official state of the United States?
- POP MUSIC – What english pop group was formed in 1999, had their own BBC children’s sitcom, and was manager Simon Fuller’s follow up to the Spice Girls, earning a top 10 hit in the US with the 2000 single “Never Had a Dream Come True”?
Weekly Wrap Up
- June 25th, 2019 @ Gather SUMMER GIRLS 52 pts.
- June 26th, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. TEAM PARAMOTOR 74 pts.
- June 27th, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar BARNACLE HEADS 69 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 2nd, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 6:00 PM @ Gather (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: TBD)
- July 3rd, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: THE SIMPSONS)
- July 11, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: SILVER AGE COMICS)
- July 15, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: TBD )
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Cooper, Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- PERFECT BID | Documentary Trailer | 2018 – YouTube — A documentary recommended by Marc about people trying to work The Price is Right game show.
- Das Racist – Rainbow in the Dark [OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO] – YouTube — The rap featuring the slant rhyme that taught Lee how to pronounce ‘Roquefort’ incorrectly
- Strange Planet (@nathanwpylestrangeplanet) • Instagram photos and videos — The webcomic Lee mentions featuring two aliens humorously describing things.
- California Man Becomes the First ‘Death With Dignity’ Patient to Undergo Cryonic Preservation
- Norman Hardy — Norman Hardy’s Web 1.0 personal site
- Petition: David Attenborough to change his name to “Boaty McBoatface” / Boing Boing