Quizmasters Lee and Marc go one-on-one with their favorite trivia questions of the week after having a quick chat about the benefits and consequences of using trivia night to instigate social change.
- CLASSIC CARTOONS – What are the names of the brother and sister on The Jetsons?
- GERMAN FOOD – The name for a traditional egg noodle dish in German cuisine is commonly known as what?
- PAPAL PROTECTORS – Which country supplies the guard who protect the Pope?
- LEE & RHYMES – Also known as an imperfect rhyme or a half-rhyme, what is the orientational term for a type of rhyme shares the same vowel or consonant sound as the original word?
- MODERN HISTORY – In what year did the Tiananmen Square protests take place?
- STAR WARS – Though he is no longer invited to official events for “burning too many bridges” according to Star Wars creator George Lucas, David Prowse is best known for his portrayal of what character in the original film trilogy?
- WOMEN IN HISTORY – Araminta Ross, a nurse, spy and women’s suffrage activist was born in 1820 on a plantation in Dorchester County, Maryland, and is better known by what name?
- LGBT+ HISTORY – What state, after California, became the second to teach mandatory LGBT+ history?
- HORSE ANATOMY – Triangular in shape, what animal’s name is also the term for the underside of a horse’s hoof?
- IN OTHER WORDS… – What is acetylsalicylic acid better known as?
- DAVID BOWIE – The classic David Bowie hits “Changes” “Life on Mars” and “Queen Bitch” all first appear on what album?
- CANADIAN GEOGRAPHY – What is the smallest Canadian territory?
- SPORTS BOOKS – The Wisden Almanac is kept with reference information regarding what sport?
- STINKY CHEESE – Casu Marzu is a type of cheese made in Sardinia, Italy that is banned in the US and the EU due to the fact that it contains which living ingredient?
Weekly Wrap Up Winners List
- June 5, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Rate Finkensteins (88 pts.)
- June 6, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Peanut the Dog Brought Her Little Green Luftwaffe (68 pts.)
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 12, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: MAFIA MOVIES)
- June 13, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: GUNS)
- June 18,2019 – Cape Coral FL – 6:00 PM @ Gather (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: TBD)
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Elyse, Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Trivia Night at Bury Me Brewing — Join us (won’t you) for a Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge Live in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night at No. 3! — Join us (won’t you) for a Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge Live in Cape Coral, FL!
- Episode 65 – Kyle Anne Duggan — Frequent KnowNo guest Kyle Anne’s episode of the Three Song Stories Podcast (which previously featured Marc)
- String of Pearls Soul Asylum – YouTube — Marc’s rhyming reference
- Breshnyda – Coastin’ – YouTube — Lee’s rhyme reference
- Darth Vaders Voice Before Voice Over – YouTube — David Prowse performs the character of Darth Vader on the set of Star Wars (1977). Excerpt from the Documentary “Empire of Dreams.”
- Johnny Bravo – 2x09c – Mama’s New Boyfriend – video dailymotion — Mo’s “Sancho Panza” moment (4:47)
- An Incomplete Education: 3, 684 Things You Should Have Learned but Probably Didn’t: Judy Jones, William Wilson: 9780345468901: Amazon.com: Books — The book that Lee recommends during the question about Araminta Ross. Description: “When it was originally published in 1987, An Incomplete Education became a surprise bestseller. Now this instant classic has been completely updated, outfitted with a whole new arsenal of indispensable knowledge on global affairs, popular culture, economic trends, scientific principles, and modern arts. Here’s your chance to brush up on all those subjects you slept through in school, reacquaint yourself with all the facts you once knew (then promptly forgot), catch up on major developments in the world today, and become the Renaissance man or woman you always knew you could be!”