Quizmaster Lee is joined by Dallas, who is fresh off of hosting a Marvel-themed trivia night and preparing for his final Game of Thrones Trivia night next month. Also returning to the #KnowNo this episode is Seth, who has been busy offering local trivia in the form of historical tours of Downtown Fort Myers. The three discuss the complicated nature of Game of Thrones show vs. book trivia, how Seth and Lee first met, and ask and answer over 21 trivia questions!
- STAR WARS – How old is Chewbacca in Episode IV: A New Hope?
- MARVEL – In the beginning of Iron Man, what was the name of the missile that Tony Stark demonstrates?
- PROFESSIONAL WRESTLING – In the WWE, What were the names of the three Dudley Brothers?
- ORNITHOLOGY – What’s the largest land bird in North America?
- 80’s & 90’s FASHION – What kind of shoes are made of brightly-colored PVC plastic, first premiering at the 1982 World Fair and later becoming popular after NYC’s Bloomingdale’s department store ordered thousands in 1983?
- 90’s MUSIC – What band had an album called “Significant Other” in 1999?
- GEOGRAPHY – The O’Shaughnessy Dam, in the Hetch Hetchy Valley, provide water and hydroelectric power to what city?
- 80’s MOVIES – In Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, the title character steals whose identity to secure a reservation at the fancy restaurant Chez Quis?
- CLASSICS – In The Wizard of Oz, Dorothy and her friends fall asleep in the fields of what kind of flower?
- SEINFELD – What was the name of Elaine’s boss?
- MASCOTS – What is the official mascot of Stanford University?
- The members of the WWE Tag Team The Legion of Doom went by the monikers “Hawk” and “Animal,” NOT “Buzz” and “Mohawk” as Lee stated in episode 43.
- 90’s MUSIC – What band, whose name is two words that start with the same letter, was on the cover of Rolling Stone in 1994 as the “biggest new band” of the year?
- US PRESIDENTS – Which US president announced the discovery of gold in California to congress on December 5 1848, leading to the gold rush of 1849?
- LORD OF THE RINGS – Only three of the five Istari (beings sent to Middle-earth to help contest the evil of Sauron) are named: Sarumon, Gandalf, and a third, who is named what?
- WHO STARRED IN THESE MOVIES? – What actor appears in Norbit (2007), The Gamer (2009), The Expendables (2010), and Bridesmaids (2011)?
- FOOD ORIGINS – The Brown Derby Restaurant in Hollywood, CA was the birthplace of what famous kind of salad in the 1930’s?
- WORLD RECORDS IN WORLD HISTORY – Founded in 1088, the world’s oldest continuously run university can be found in which country?
- 90’s TELEVISION – What sitcom made by Power Rangers company Saban also borrowed clips from a japanese show, and featured a ghost named Gabber who granted three teens a wish after releasing him from a pipe organ in a haunted house?
- US HISTORY – Busboy Juan Romero cradled what former U.S. Attorney General’s head and placed a rosary in his hand not long after he was shot in the lobby of the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles, CA?
- CLASSIC PC GAMING – The Atari game titled ‘Cube’ is the first version of what popular PC game which was first released in Microsoft Entertainment Package 1 (1990)?
- SETH’S SPECIAL SURF N’ MOVIE 2-WAY – What is the name of a famous surfing location located in Princeton by the Sea in Northern California, known for being one of the deadliest surf spots in the world, with waves that crash into jagged rocks, sometimes reaching over 30 ft? This location shares its name with the call sign of a leading character that takes place in San Diego, that features a supporting role by a young Meg Ryan.
- BAND NAME ORIGINS – What Indie rock band’s name is derived from a 1976 satirical mystery/comedy film starring Peter Sellers and Peter Falk?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- May 6, 2019 – Downtown Fort Myers, FL – 7:30 PM @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: US HISTORY chosen by DUFFY THE DELIVERY GUY)
- May 8, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: PETER GAZING chosen by TEAM THREE EYE)
- May 8, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 9:00 PM @ Nice Guys Pizza (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: QUIZMASTER’S CHOICE)
- May 9, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (KNOW NONSENSE QUESTION: THE CURSE OF OAK ISLAND chosen by NEW BELGIUM BREWERY)
- May 11, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 4:00 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar (DISNEY TRIVIA)
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Aaron, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Elyse, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Drinking at Disney: A Tipsy Travel Guide to Walt Disney World’s Bars, Lounges & Glow Cubes — This guide will be one of the prizes at our Disney Trivia, and was co-authored by Rhiannon, a regular Know Nonsense Trivia Player (The Squeaky Chairs).
- The Duo Behind “Drinking At Disney” Know Disney World’s Bars Inside And Out — Delish.com’s review of “Drinking at Disney”
- Fire’s Role in a Sequoia Forest — A piece of writing published by the National Park Service examining the role of fire in Sequoia forests.
- Biopics We Would Like To See — Lee recommends this recent episode of the We Do Stuff Podcast, co-hosted by Dallas.
- Crabcore — A genre popularized by Attack Attack!
- A clip from the Foo Fighters documentary “Back and Forth” — Lee recommends this documentary on the band Foo Fighters. In this clip, Dave Grohl talks about his decision to not join Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers as a full time drummer after the dissolve of Nirvana.
- February Fiasco by The Shytuna’s on Bandcamp — The latest official musical release by Seth’s family band, The Shytunas.