Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Mike Kiniry, host and co-creator of WGCU’s Thee Song Stories Podcast for an all music trivia episode.
- WHAT ALBUM? – On what album would you find Queen’s hit song “Bohemian Rhapsody”?
- MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS – What singer-songwriter wrote songs for the movies Walk Hard and Get Him to the Greek? Dan Bern
- MORE MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS – What indie rock songwriting legend contributed to the soundtrack of and appears several times in There’s Something About Mary?
- WGCU INTERSTITIAL MUSIC – Music from which anime series was used as interstitial music during the late night jazz program until the program was discontinued in 2018?
- FAMOUS BIRTHPLACES – In what country was singer Dave Matthews born?
- MUSIC & NASA – On August 14, 1997, what song by Moxy Fruvous was used by NASA to wake the crew of STS-85?
- FORT MYERS SCENE HISTORY – What was the name of the house band of The Liquid Café in Downtown Fort Myers?
- BAND MEMBERS – Richard Wright and Nick Mason are members of what famous band?
- THE POLICE – What are the names of all five albums by The Police released from 1978 to 1983, in order from earliest to most recent?
- CANADIAN SUPERSTARS – What Egyptian-canadian singer, author and anti-war activist has a net-worth of $10 million, mostly made by singing children’s songs?
- “FYI: Refueling was banned in Formula 1 in 2009 so no refueling during pit stops. I Don’t think 1 second stops would be possible with refueling!” – submitted by Gary
- “Episode 8: Rumplesnailtskin, roughly around the 50 minute mark the question/challenge was to name all ‘7’ of the historical figures that Bill and Ted bring from the past to the present. I immediately paused your podcast out of disgust, wrote down all -8- of those figures, and then pressed play. Rod Loomis’ performance may have been forgettable, but Sigmund Freud hitting on girls in the mall was not!” – submitted by Aaron
- VIDEO GAME SOUNDTRACKS – Singer-Songwriter Jonathan Coulton wrote the song “Still Alive” for what video game?
- WHAT BAND IS IT? – What is the name of the band that had a popular song in the early 2010’s and has a lesser known song called “All I Need” (which is Mike’s favorite song to wake up to)?
- LYRICS – “We skipped the light fandango” is the first line to what song by what band?
- BAND NAME ORIGINS – The band name “Barenaked Ladies” was conceived by band members Steven Page and Ed Robertson while pretending to be snooty rock critics and inventing backstories and names for the backing band of what artist?
- CLASSICAL HITS – What famous and familar song by what composer was not published until 40 years after his death?
- CANADA – Celine Dion, Bryan Adams, Rush and Moxy Fruvous all hail from the great white North. How Many provinces and territories are there in Canada?
- WORLD MUSIC ICONS – Described as ‘combination of blaring horn sections, antiphonal vocals, the singers quasi-rapping Pidgin English, and percolating guitars, all wrapped up in a smouldering groove’ afrobeat is a genre and sound developed by what Nigerian bandleader who was also known as “The Black President”?
- MIKE’S ROCK BESTIE – Which rock band did Mike’s best friend almost end up the lead singer of as a result of a YouTube cover?
- ISLAND FOLK MUSIC – What was the name of Jacques Cousto’s research vesell, which shares the name with an island folk music?
- SONG IDENTIFICATION – What world famous country artist released a song in 1977 about a puppy who showed up on someone’s doorstop on a stormy night and died because God didn’t want the little girl to be alone in Heaven?
- ROCK STAR ORIGINS – What singer left the band Mudcrutch to go out on their own?
- MUSIC ON TV – Who plays Promotions Manager Zak Yankovich in HBO’s Vinyl?
- April 15, 2019 @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. – The Wet Boiz (74 pts.)
- April 17, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – The Moist Men (95 pts.)
- April 18, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Peanut the Dog & The Squeaky Chairs (88 pts.)
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 22, 2019 – Downtown Fort Myers, FL – 7:30 PM @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co.
- April 24, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co.
- April 25, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Nick, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Three Song Stories – Marc Davis — Marc’s episode of WGCU’s Three Song Stories Podcast
- Shawn Caspi – Oleaster — A recent music pick by our guest, Mike Kiniry
- Songs from this episode (Spotify) — Thanks to Proverbial Lightkeeper Gil for getting this collaborative playlist going , which features songs mentioned in this episode.