Quizmasters Lee and Marc discuss what to do when a player presents a technically correct answer, whether or not to award any bonus points to the winning team of a tiebreaker question, risque team names and modeling your quiz after your regular players’s interests.
- In Cockney slang, what character would you use at an ATM?
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY – In the field of artificial intelligence, what does ML stand for?
- SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY – In Internet terms, what does URL stand for?
- PHRASES/BIBLE – Named after a figure from the bible, what is the term for someone who refuses to believe something before experiencing it for themselves first-hand?
- CURRENT EVENTS – Cardinal George Pell, who hails from what country, became the highest-ranking member of the catholic church to be convicted of child sexual abuse?
- MUSIC – According to the various songs he’s written, who in country music can cry again, get off on you, and still reach yesterday, but can’t find the time, didn’t sleep a wink, can’t believe your gone, should’ve kissed her more and is gonna lose a lot of teardrops?
- MUSIC – Released in 2005, Mother Love was the last song released with vocals from singer?
- LANGUAGE – How would you write ‘400’ in roman numerals?
- SPORTS/BUSINESS – Skateboarder, Snowboard, Motocross athlete and co-founder of DC Shoes, what extreme sports athlete is currently a professional rally driver with Hoonigan Racing Division and is known for his popular drifting videos on YouTube?
- MOVIES – Gregory Peck, Robert Mitchum and Martin Balsam had cameo roles in the 1991 remake of what 1962 film in which they starred?
- HISTORY – What “M” country was previously known as Burma?
- HISTORY – ‘Operation Dynamo’ was the codename given to the evacuation of what Northern France town in World War II?
- THE OFFICE – On the NBC sitcom The Office, what is the name of boss Michael Scott’s secret agent alter ego?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE – What cast member on Saturday Night Live was the first to serve two multi-season tenures on the show?
- GEOGRAPHY – How many countries begin with the letter J?
Best Worst Answers
- SONS OF ANARCHY – On the television series Sons of Anarchy, what does the acronym SAMCRO stand for?
- BUSINESS – Who was born in 1931 and was the longtime head of media organizations FOX-TV and the New York Post?
- DISNEY – What Disney character’s name roughly translates to ‘child’ for Italian?
- MOVIE TWINS – What was Capote’s movie twin released in 2006?
- MUSIC – Who was the singer of the R&B group The Valentinos and also played lead guitar for Sam Cooke?
- Which state has the fewest counties is technically Louisiana… It has 0 counties, they are the only state with parishes instead. – submitted by Mike E.
March 11, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Go Pug Yourself, 76 pts.
March 13, 2019 @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co. – Seth, 92 pts.
March 14, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – SWFL Hackerspace, 101 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
March 18, 2019 – Downtown Fort Myers, FL – 7:30 PM @ 3 Pepper Burrito Co.
March 20, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co.
March 21, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
Thank you, Quizdaddy Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
Thank you, Team Captains – Kristen & Fletcher
Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Sheri, Shaun, Lucas and Max
Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Nick, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Tim Minchin – Come Home (Cardinal Pell)
- Hardcore history – Blueprint for Armageddon — Podcast recommendation from Lee
- Behind the Bastards – The Astrologer Who Managed The Reagan Presidency — Podcast recommendation from Marc