About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Doug and Marion for a general knowledge quiz with topics including Music Genres, Book Adaptations, Vocabulary, Food, Movie Cameos, Geography, Sex Toys, True Crime and more!
- MUSIC GENRE ORIGINS – What American city is known as the home of Go-Go music?
- BOOK ADAPTATIONS – Reese Witherspoon and Kerry Washington star in the 2020 Hulu television adaptation of which 2017 New York Times bestseller?
- VOCABULARY – Which term refers to both a contrapuntal musical composition used by Bach and Phish as well as a disturbed state of consciousness in which the person affected seems to perform acts in full awareness but upon recovery cannot recall the acts performed?
- ICE CREAM – Ben and Jerry’s Ice Cream formed in Burlington, VT, in 1978, released what flavor first?
- HEALTHY COUNTRIES – According to the Bloomberg Global Health Index, what Western European country is ranked as the healthiest in the world, with a score of 92.75%?
- MOVIE CAMEOS – Which 1993 coming-of-age comedy is now considered a cult classic (despite being a box office flop when it was released) and who’s 70’s rock soundtrack went double platinum?
- ASTRONOMY – Indicating its early stage of development in sequence, what is the term for the smallest of the three types of black holes?
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE – The letter E is the most common used in English language texts. What is the most common first letter?
- MOVIE CAMEOS – Vermont Senator Bernie Sanders made a cameo in what 1988 drama starring Susan Sarandon, Don Johnson and Jeff Daniels?
- NATURE PRESERVES – Which Florida national preserve was the first ever created in 1974 in an effort to stop the construction of the world’s largest jetport, and was also the location of a Phish festival in which the band played for 8-straight hours in new year’s eve in 1999?
- SEX TOYS – As illustrated on red-figure paintings from Ancient Greece, a sexual device called an olisbokollikes was prepared in kitchens and made from what food?
- TRUE CRIME – What state leads the United States with most serial killers per capita according to a 2015 Huffington Post article?
- FOOD – Gumbo, a popular Phish song and delicious creole dish, is created using what is referred to as the creole or cajun holy trinity, what food item is included in this variation that is not included in a traditional mirepoix?
- ARENAS – Which arena, which Phish happened to sell out for 13 shows in a row in 2017, is the only arena in the world that has a concave rather than convex ceiling?
- EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY – The Gotthard Base Tunnel, the world’s longest and deepest tunnel is located in what European country?
- MATH – To defend against natural predators, Cicadas utilize what proven mathematical concept (by only leaving their burrows in 7, 13, or 17 years)?
- CELEBRITY NICKNAMES – What was Mick Jagger’s nickname for Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 13th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- October 14th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollie’s Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Thursdays at Ollies Pub. in Cape Coral, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!