About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth and Jamie to meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including 80’s Music, Famous Relatives, Movies, Geography, History, Board Games, Classic TV, Phobias and more!
- AGRICULTURE – What Southeastern European country is the biggest harvester of cork in the world?
- 80’s MUSIC – The traditional folk song “Kookaburra” was involved in a copyright dispute over what hit 80’s song?
- FAMOUS RELATIVES – What comedic actor’s mother was a NASA engineer, whose work ultimately helped the Apollo 13 crew return safely home?
- MOVIE RELEASES – In what year was the movie Friday released?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY – Bedloe’s Island, located in the United States, was officially renamed in 1956 to what?
- GLUE – Gum Arabic, Latex and Library paste are all types of glue who have what common origin?
- THE TWILIGHT ZONE – In The Twilight Zone’s classic episode “”It’s A Good Life”” when Dan kills six-year old Anthony Fremont a murderer and a monster, the child transforms him into what?
- BOARD GAMES – Twister was not selling well until Johnny Carson played it with what actress on The Tonight Show in 1966?
- PHOBIAS – A phobia of the dark is called what?
- FAMOUS RELATIVES – Who is Jason Sudeikis’s actor uncle, who appeared on all 275 episodes of the classic sitcom Cheers, and what character did he play?
- CLASSIC TV – Gilligan’s Island debuted on September 26th, 1964 and ran for three seasons on what network?
- LEGENDARY GUITARISTS – Known for having written the Blues standard “The Sky Is Crying”, what Mississippi-born blues guitarist and 1992 Roll Hall of Fame inductee was known as the “King of Slide Guitar?”
- SPORTS EQUIPMENT – Nomex is frequently worn in which sport?
- FAMOUS RELATIVES – What famous rocker’s daughter won a silver medal in equestrian events in July of 2021?
- FOLK SONGS – Which hobo’s anthem was first recorded in 1928 by Harry McClintock and depicts a cocayne (a land of plenty in medieval myth)?
- U.S. HISTORY – American Minerva was the first daily newspaper in what American city?
- WORLD WAR II – During World War II, what playful name was given to the island-hopping Ally-led military operation comprising 13 smaller operations (including Operations Goodtime, Blissful and Dexterity) led by General * Douglas MacArthur in the South Pacific from 1943-1944?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 6th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- October 7th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”