About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to celebrate our 500,000 download milestone and to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Character Actors, Movies Studios, German Language, Rock Albums, Food, Board Games, Gemstones, Soccer, The Bible, U.S. History, Football Records and more!
- CHARACTER ACTORS – Lynne Thigpen was known for playing The Moon in the children’s series Bear and the Big Blue House, as well as The Chief of ACME Crimenet on what game show?
- MOVIE STUDIOS – What movie production company is known as “the house that Freddy built”?
- GERMAN LANGUAGE – German settlers in Texas used to refer to what animal as Panzerschwein?
- ROCK ALBUMS – What 1983 album by Electric Light Orchestra was created as a response in part to the Arkansas State * Senate passing a bill requiring all albums featuring “back masking” (playing sound samples backwards) be labeled as such?
- FOOD – Avgolemono is a family of sauces and soups made with lemon juice, mixed with broth and what other ingredient?
- HISTORY – Susanna M. Salter was an American activist and politician born in Kansa who in 1887 became the first woman to hold what office?
- Adam writes in with extra Wonderlic info
- NATO phonetic alphabet corrections from Annie and Lobo
- BOARD GAMES – In 2016, the game clue added a new character, Dr. Orchid, as a way to add diversity. Who did Dr. Orchid replace?
- GEMSTONES – What are the four C’s of evaluating a diamond’s quality?
- FILM NARRATORS – The narration during the introduction of The Nightmare Before Christmas was originally recorded by what British actor, whose take was not used in the final cut of the film but was used on the movies official original soundtrack?
- SOCCER – Any soccer match between Real Madrid and FC Barcelona is known by what nickname?
- CLASSIC FILMS – Despite the story being in the public domain, what two colorful elements of the movie version of The Wizard of Oz are copyrighted?
- THE BIBLE – In the book of Samuel, David asks King Saul for his daughter’s hand in marriage, who agrees under the condition that David bring him over 200 of what gruesome time, thinking that David would refuse or be killed in the act?
- U.S. HISTORY – The battle of wounded knee occurred in 1890 between the U.S. army and the lakotas tribe, and is now the site of what tourist landmark?
Rate My Question
- FOOTBALL RECORDS – Tied with Buffalo Bills running back Thurman Thomas, what Hall of Fame quarterback is the only other player to score a rushing touchdown in 4 different Super Bowl appearances?
- SPORTS TECHNIQUES – The Straddle, Western Roll, Eastern Cut-off and Scissor are all predecessors of the Fosbury Flop technique used in what Athletics event?
- BLUES LEGENDS – Big Mama Thornton was a blue musician known for writing the Janis Joplin hit song “Ball and Chain”, but she was better known for being the first to record what 1956 hit blues rock-song in 1952 (which, despite taking on a different meaning with a male singer, was intended to be an anthem for black female power)?
- TV HOSTS – Working for NBC in 1955, who hosted a TV show called Afternoon, which featured early appearances by * Jim Henson and The Muppets, and who was later spoofed by Henson and Co. as “Millard Hog?”
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – Which former U.S. president was a licensed bartender?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- September 15th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- September 16th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT