About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Famous Characters, Singers, Area Codes, Television, Descriptors, Sports, Marine Biology, Video Games, Sweet Tarts, Holidays, Video Formats, Board Games and more!
- FAMOUS CHARACTERS – What is the last name of Ash from the Evil Dead series?
- SINGERS – What singer’s name means “Birch” when translated from their native language?
- AREA CODES – What U.S. state includes the area code 602?
- TELEVISION – Music artists Miles Davis, Glenn Frey, Gene Simmons, Little Richard, Gloria Estefan, Phil Collins, Ted Nugent, The Fat Boys, Frank Zappa, Willie Nelson, Isaac Hayes, James Brown, Suicidal Tendencies and Sheena Easton all made guest appearances on what crime drama series?
- DESCRIPTORS – Ashtanga and Kundalini are types of what?
- SPORTS – What no-contact team sport is known for its lack of referees, allowing players to call their own fouls and settle disputes by invoking the “spirit of the game” to maintain fair play?
- Lee corrects himself for confusing Colm Meaney with David Morse in episode 161.
- A call from Keith about Ireland.
- Discord roundup on citrus taxonomy, longest river, most volcanoes, etc.
- MARINE BIOLOGY – The rostrum is a facial protrusion of what kind of bottom-dwelling sea creature from the order rhinopristoformes?
- VIDEO GAMES – Frogger was the last game released on what two consoles in 1997?
- SWEET TREATS – Said to have been named for a boulevard in close proximity to Dr. James Vernor Detroit pharmacy, what type of drink is made when Vernor’s Ginger Ale and Vanilla Ice Cream are blended together smooth?
- HOLIDAYS – What country celebrated Dominion Day from 1879 to 1982, where it was celebrated on July 1st?
- VIDEO FORMATS – Requiring a special TV set for viewing, what videocassette format, first introduced in 1972, was the first to offer feature films for consumer rental?
- BOARD GAMES – How much money did it cost to get out of jail in classic Monopoly?
Rate My Question
- MUSIC SUBGENRES – Sharing its name with a Nick Cave album, what musical subgenre is characterized by lyrics dealing with crimes or gruesome death?
- GREEK MYTHOLOGY – In Greek mythology, Hercules is tasked with the capturing of what animal from Erymanthos?
- ANIME – Often seen in the Mach 5’s trunk, what is Speed Racer’s younger brother’s pet chimp’s name?
- OLYMPICS – Before winning gold in the Long Jump competition, 2021 Greek Olympic athlete Miltiadis Tentoglou performed a Gear Second pose, meant to enhance one’s strength, speed and mobility, in a nod to what anime series?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 9th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch – 8:00 pm EDT
- August 11th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- August 12th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT
- August 21st, 2021 – The Office Trivia Night @ Point Ybel – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 6:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Shop smart! Shop S-MART! – YouTube
- Fantastic Fungi Trailer #1 (2019) | Movieclips Indie – YouTube
- Werner Herzog Eats His Shoe – Wikipedia
- ‘Prank Show’ Full Sketch – I Think You Should Leave – YouTube