About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Dan and Max of the Doubled Feature Podcast to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Pro-wrestling, Types of Lakes, Dungeons & Dragons, Fungus, Holidays, Star Trek, Oranges, Sporting Events, Units of Measurement, Spices, Metal in Movies, Medical Terms, Accents, Film Criticism, Space Westerns and more!
- PRO-WRESTLING – Despite only having two championship reigns, which “Italian Strongman” holds the WWE record for longest combined Heavyweight Championship reign (4,040 days, holding the belt from 1963-1971, 1973-1977)?
- TYPES OF LAKES – A river first needs to form a meander or curve to create what kind of lake? What pseudonym is used by the Coen Brothers when editing their own films?
- DUNGEONS & DRAGONS – In Dungeons and Dragons, what 2nd level transmutation spell allows adventures to open both mundane and arcane locks?
- FUNGUS – Huitlacoche is a fungus that can grow on what vegetable is the heat or humidity are high?
- HOLIDAYS – In the UK, Ireland and Australia, Pancake Day is celebrated annually as a way to empty the pantry of sugar, fat and eggs to avoid temptation and reduce waste. What holiday is celebrated on Pancake Day in the U.S.?
- Notes on Tim Gomez’s question, Lee’s pronunciation of Reggie Fils-Amie’s name, Arertits by Alex Patton, Plantar Fasciitis and Dennis the Menace from Paul Martin.
- STAR TREK – What actor appeared in more Star Trek episodes more than any other actor?
- ORANGES – Oranges are a hybrid of two other citrus fruits, one is a hybrid fruit, the tangerine, and the other in a non-hybrid, which is what?
- SPORTING EVENTS – What multi-sport event debuted in 1981 to display athletic achievement in sports that are not contested in the Olympics?
- UNITS OF MEASUREMENT – In Europe, what are measured in Paris points?
- SPICES – Mustard is the second most used spice, behind what other spice? METAL IN MOVIES – What grammy-nominated industrial metal band appears as the Flesh Fair Band in the movie A.I. Artificial Intelligence?
Rate My Question
- MEDICAL TERMS – Telogen Effluvium is a hair loss condition triggered by what? – submitted by Rumplesnailtskin Loren
- ACCENTS – If someone is said to have a Brummie accent, they likely hail from which UK city? – submitted by Mark McGwire
- FILM CRITICISM – Legendary film critic Roger Ebert told Rob Schneider, “speaking as a Pulitzer Prize winner,” which of his movies (which was released in 2005) “sucked?”
- SPACE WESTERNS – Named after the ship used by its main characters, what space western features a character with unusual abilities being awakened from cryostasis and debuted in the U.S. in 2001 on Cartoon Network’s Toonami?
- VEGETABLES – What three colors do asparagus come in?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 4th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- August 5th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT
- August 9th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch – 8:00 pm EDT
- August 2st, 2021 – The Office Trivia Night @ Point Ybel – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 6:00 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Nice Guys Pizza Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Doubled Feature • A podcast on Anchor — Max and Dan’s podcast about twin movies
- Doubled Feature (@doubledfeature) / Twitter — The Twitter account for Doubled Feature
- Nerdsday — Max’s D&D comic
- Buckcherry Singer Josh Todd Wants to Front a Minor Threat Reunion