About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Technology, Film Criticism, Debut Roles, Prime Time Cartoons, Baked Treats, Cooking, Famous Characters, Basketball, French Language, Rock Formations, Classic Television, Modern Art, Business, Comic Strips, True Crime, World Records and more!
- TECHNOLOGY – The home market-oriented 8mm and Super 8 formats were developed by what company?
- FILM CRITICISM – Named after the comics writer and artist who first defined it, which test checks for if a movie features at least one scene having two female characters talking about something other than a man?
- DEBUT ROLES – Which actor and comedian worked as a beautician in his sisters salon and was planning to go to cosmetology school to become a makeup artist before landing a role in the off-broadway production of One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s Nest, a role he reprised in the 1975 movie?
- PRIME TIME CARTOONS – In which fictional city does King of the Hill take place?
- BAKED TREATS – What greek savory spinach and feta pie is encased with phyllo pastry on the base and top?
- COOKING – Eye of Newt is an outdated term for what popular ingredient used by alchemist and herbalists of the past and is still used today in modern cooking?
- 159 – Background on the Gros Michel/Cavendish from Adam, and Adam, Elyse and Mike C. wrote in to correct Lee on “perineum” which he called the parabellum.
- FAMOUS CHARACTERS – What famous British protagonist was previously conceived by video game developers Core Design to have South American origins?
- BASKETBALL – What are the five traditional positions in basketball?
- FRENCH LANGUAGE – Matelotage is a french term to describe what legal practice during sailors and pirates during the 17th and 18th Century?
- ROCK FORMATIONS – Uluru, the world’s largest monolithic rock formation, can be found on which continent?
- CLASSIC TELEVISION – What was the last name of Alice, the housekeeper in The Brady Bunch?
- MODERN ART – The Seiko was a functional art piece created during the Italian modernist movement by three Italian designers in 1968, was featured in museums such as the MoMA and the Guggenheim, but is best known as what popular household object that is still used today?
Rate My Question
- BUSINESS – Proving he didn’t need to kidnap the princess to get ahead, what is the surname of the man who succeeded Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Amié, in 2019? – submitted by Tim Gomez
- COMIC STRIPS – Which iconic comic strip character has separate and unrelated American and Scottish Versions, despite sharing the name, coincidentally debuting on the same day in March 1951 (the American version of which spawned both live action and animated tv shows as well as several feature films)?
- TRUE CRIME – Father and son Don and Dan Nichols were dubbed The Mountain Men by news organizations after abducting athlete Kary Swinson who was famous in what then soon-to-be Winter Olympic sport?
- WORLD RECORDS – Ashrita Furman is best known for holding what prolific record (for which he was first in 1987 and maintains to this day)?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 26th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia MEGAQUIZ on Twitch – 8:00 pm EDT
- July 28th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- July 29nd, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Skyler, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Moo, Tim, Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Hbomb, Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Trivia Night @ Point Ybel Brewing Co.! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Trivia Night @ Ollies Pub! | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays or on Zoom at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Music | Kyle Anne — Check out Kyle Anne’s amazing music!
- Kyle Anne – Lovebug Season (Official Music Video) – YouTube
- KyleAnne’s profile • Letterboxd
- Lee Bretschneider’s profile • Letterboxd
- Lee Bretschneider on Twitter: “I eat two brats in the morning, I eat two brats at night, I eat two brats in the afternoon, It makes me feel all right. I eat two brats in time of peace, And two in time of war. I eat two brats before I eat two brats, And then I eat two more. https://t.co/AEp1k3bwjP” / Twitter — Two brats
- Letterkenny Season 2 | Behind The Scenes | Rapid Fire Questions Pt. 3 – YouTube — The rapid-fire accent video Marc mentions
- There Will Come Soft Rains (short story) – Wikipedia — Marc mentions this short story