About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Skyler (Death By Taco 239) to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Wine, Fossils, Celebrities, Oceanography, Sports Records, Snack Inventions, Awards Records, New Jersey Sports, Edible Plants, Human Anatomy, Breakfast Cereals, Fast Food Founders, Eurovision Song Contest, Extremophile Animals, Fast Food Menu Items, Monarchies, Water Creatures and more!
- WINE – Taken from the latin word for “great, large or big,” a bottle of wine holding 1.5 litres, the equivalent of two regular bottles, is known as what size descriptor?
- FOSSILS – Founded in 1972, the Lloyd Banks coprolite, is the largest known fossilized what?
- CELEBRITIES – Martin Luther King’s funeral was held at Morehouse College in Atlanta, GA where they asked current students to be the ushers. What famous actor was one of those ushers?
- OCEANOGRAPHY – What large ocean current, which inspired a famous 1899 oil painting by Winslow Homer, influences the climate of the east coast of North America from Florida to Newfoundland, and the west coast of Europe?
- SPORTS RECORDS – Which sport claims the world record for fastest moving ball?
- SNACK INVENTIONS – Now reported as false, Richard Montanez claimed he went from being a Frito-Lay janitor to being the inventor of what popular snack in 1992?
- 151 – Michael Jackson premiered the Moonwalk at Motown 25: Yesterday, Today, Forever at the Pasadena Civic Auditorium in 1983, not the Apollo theater in NYC
- 151 – Forgot to mention Adam Schlesinger (Fountains of Wayne) was also a member of Tinted Windows, he died of complications related to COVID-19 in 2020
- 151 – Kevin H on Discord: Medulla: “the inner region of an organ or tissue, especially when it is distinguishable from the outer region or cortex (as in a kidney, an adrenal gland, or hair).” Turns out every organ really does have a medulla, @Quizmaster Lee
- 151 – From Michael K: Not exactly a missed correction, but on the question regarding elephant poo, the reason that triceratops would have such large piles is probably either a. they regularly return to the same spot to poo like llamas and alpacas do or b. their digestive systems are not as efficient as modern mammals, so they have to eat more than elephants do.
- 150 – From Caitlyn: Y’all, I actually have a self- missed-correction regarding my Tevin Campbell question! I stated that Tevin Campbell got his start as Prince’s back-up singer, but this is most likely not correct. For years I’ve thought this was the case, but upon further research I discovered that while Campbell was considered Prince’s protégé, it was because Prince produced his first solo hit in 1991, “Round and Round.”
- AWARDS RECORDS – Edith Head is a woman who has won the most of what award?
- NEW JERSEY SPORTS – What four professional sports teams (whose names recall tall, fast, evil and energetic imagery, respectively) play their home games in the state of New Jersey?
- EDIBLE PLANTS – Garlics, onions, shallots, and leeks are all species from what type of plant?
- HUMAN ANATOMY – Where in the human body is the hyoid bone located?
- BREAKFAST CEREALS – Based on her grandmother’s recipe of brown sugar and butter served over rice, flavorist Pamela Low developed what breakfast cereal’s flavor coating in the early 1960’s to have a “want-moreishness quality” which remains popular to this day?
- FAST FOOD FOUNDERS – Known for being quite the hothead, what fast food founder shot and wounded a rival business owner after painting over their advertisements?
Rate My Question
- EUROVISION SONG CONTEST – Competing in the Eurovision Song Contest since 2015 and coming in second place in 2016, the capital city of which country is the furthest in distance from Rotterdam, The Netherlands, the hosting city of 2021?
- EXTREMOPHILE ANIMALS – Beta carotene is a pigment most known for giving carrots their orange color. This pigment is also found in diatoms which are small algae surrounded in glass “houses”. What extremophile animal relies on their consumption of diatoms to retain their bright coloration?
- FAST FOOD MENU ITEMS – John Richard Simplot, also known as J.R. Simplot, was an American entrepreneur and businessman best known as the founder and creator of what fast food menu item?
- MONARCHIES – Now headed by Queen Margrethe II, what country features the oldest monarchy in Europe, founded by Viking King Gorm the Old in 935, whose conquest is celebrated on the Jelling stones?
- WATER CREATURES – Physalia and Blue-bottle are alternative names for what water creature?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 2nd, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
- June 3rd, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Meagquiz #131 on Twitch – 8:00 pm EST
- June 10th, 2021 – Quizmania: Pro-Wrestling Trivia – Ollies Pub Records and Beer – 7:00 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
Proverbial Lightkeeper Nabeel
Proverbial Lightkeeper Patrick
Team Captain Jenny (Formerly a ProvLt)
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Jenny, Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Nabeel, Patrick, Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch! Follow us over there to get notifications when we go live!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia | Reddit — Join our subreddit!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Volleybonk! Dolores Park San Francisco – YouTube
- Hollywood Who’s Who Marched With King in ’63 | RealClearPolitics — Lee and Marc get the details wrong during Skyler’s MLK question suss: Charlton Heston was the actor who marched with MLK.
- Ice Cream Tester ORIGINAL – YouTube
- Jamie Oliver Shows School Kids How Chicken Nuggets are made – YouTube
- Death By Taco 239 | Order Online — Skyler’s food truck!
- Death By Taco (@deathbytaco239) • Instagram photos and videos