About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Tommy Scott of The Electric Mud to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including 80’s Music, 90’s Movies, Cars, Movie Cameos, Islam, Academia, Tragedies, Common Phrases, Celebrity Aliases, Famous Battles, Soda Flavors, NFL Mascots, 2000’s R&B, U.S. Geography, Physics, Fashion, Celebrity Sex Tapes and more!
- 80’s MUSIC – The Cure singer Robert Smith can be heard whispering what titular Frank Sinatra lyric during the instrumental break following the second chorus of Lovesong?
- 90’s MOVIES – What 1995 movie finds a character ordering pizza on the website pizza.net?
- CARS – Described as “dangerous” from the higher-ups from the automaker, what kind of car was actor Paul Walker riding in during a fiery fatal 2013 accident?
- MOVIE CAMEOS – In a blink and you’ll miss it moment, who was cast as author-turned-political candidate Upton Sinclair in 2020’s Mank for their “reputation for factual presentations”?
- ISLAM – Ramadan is what number month in the Islamic calendar?
- ACADEMIA – Established in 1903, the Rhodes scholarship is the oldest graduate scholarship in the world and is a postgraduate award for students to study at what school?
- Tommy’s Pete & Pete theme beef, a call from Aaron, notes on cheating from Manu, and more.
- TRAGEDIES – In what decade did the plane carrying Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and the Big Bopper crash?
- COMMON PHRASES – What actor, stand-up comedian and former MTV VJ is credited with coining the phrase “booty call”?
- CELEBRITY ALIASES – After the 2014 Sony email leaks, it was discovered the aliases Johnny Madrid and Harry Lauder were used by which A-list celebrities when booking hotels and making reservations?
- FAMOUS BATTLES – The Mayaguez Incident was the final battle of which war?
- SODA FLAVORS – The original Faygo flavors Fruit Punch, Strawberry and Grape were based on Feigenson family recipes of what foodstuff?
- NFL MASCOTS – Gumbo the Dog is the name of one of two mascots for which NFL team?
- 2000’s R&B – What production duo is said to be responsible for 43% of the songs played on US radio & 20% on British radio?
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY – St. Paul is the capital of which U.S. state?
- PHYSICS – Laser, as used in laser beam or laser pointer, is an acronym for what expression?
- CELEBRITY SEX TAPES – Which member of Motley Crue made a sex tape with Janine Lindemulder?
- FASHION – What thin cotton fabric used in summer suits takes its name from the Persian words for milk and sugar?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 19th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
- April 21st, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”