About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Team Captains Kristin and Fletcher to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Bartending, Appetizers, Computer Technology, Book Authors, Directorial Debuts, Capital Cities, 90’s Music, Dinosaurs, History, Artworks, Geography, 80’s Cartoons, Landmarks, Hit Songs, State Mottos, Toy History, Inventions, Psychology and more!
- BARTENDING – “Very Pretty Older Chick” is a mnemonic device used to remember the ingredients of what cocktail?
- APPETIZERS – Which popular appetizer in Southern cuisine has its roots in ancient Rome, where it was the traditional first course?
- COMPUTER TECHNOLOGY – Bill English and Douglas Englebert are credited with building the first of what piece of computer technology?
- BOOK AUTHORS – Who wrote such Children’s books as “A Chocolate Moose for Dinner” and “Pondlarker”?
- DIRECTORIAL DEBUTS – The movie Hard Target starring Jean Claude Van Damme was the U.S. directorial debut of who?
- CAPITAL CITIES – What Asian capital city’s name literally translates to “capital city”?
- 90’S MUSIC – What 1998 hit R&B duet was the first #1 hit for each singer and was thematically inspired by a 1982 duet by Paul McCartney and Michael Jackson?
- DINOSAURS – Regaliceratops peterhewsi, a new species of dinosaur discovered in 2015, was nicknamed after which comic book character (due it’s features and difficulty in excavation)?
- HISTORY – How many months are there in the Ethiopian and Egyptian Coptic calendars?
- ARTWORKS – What is the name of Frida Kahlo’s first self-portrait?
- GEOGRAPHY – Within which country can two other independent countries be found?
- 80’s CARTOONS – What 80’s musical cartoon featured characters with surnames borrowed from real-life physicists Stephen Benton, Emmett Leith and Dennis Gabor?
- LANDMARKS – Which country in the world has the most pyramids?
Rate My Question
- HIT SONGS – What song is playing backwards in the audio clip? – submitted by Dallas
- STATE MOTTOS – What is Wisconsin’s state motto?
- TOY HISTORY – Hasbro used toys from what two Japanese toy lines to make up the majority of the initial release of the Transformers toy line?
- INVENTIONS – Wanha Herra, also known as The Old Gentleman, is the world’s oldest surviving what?
- PSYCHOLOGY – According to a 2015 CNN article, based on a 1960’s study, what are the two innate fears that babies are born with?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- April 5th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
- April 7th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us in our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Nice Guys Pizza Trivia | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Marc on Wednesdays at Nice Guys Pizza in Cape Coral, FL (or on Zoom)!
- Birds: Surprisingly Connected Etymologies – YouTube — A video sent in by Evan related to recent episode topics
- Lyrics To Go: 10 – Drops Of Jupiter (Tell Me) — Marc and Seth dissect the lyrics to Train’s Drops of Jupiter
- Shirt Tales Cartoon – YouTube — Marc mentions this show in his 80’s cartoon suss.
- Don Cheadle is Captain Planet – YouTube — Fletcher references this Captain Planet sketch
- Virtual reality ‘sex suit’ lets men experience realistic intercourse all on their own – World News – Mirror Online
- The Old Gentleman | Imgur