About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Star Wars, Lesser Famous Roles, April Fool’s Day Origins, Marine Biology, Sharks, NPR, Hockey Lingo, Famous Landmarks, Taco Bell, Fields of Study, Disaster, Radio Prank Calls, Famous Samples, Discontinued Toys, War Dogs, Street Fighter: The Movie and more!
- STAR WARS – According to Wookiepedia, the Star Wars wiki, what name was given to the “upbeat, swinging genre of music” most notably performed in the Cantina scene?
- LESSER FAMOUS ROLES – Jessica Walter, known for portraying Lucille Bluth on Arrested Development, portrayed what character on an early 90’s sitcom that was executive produced by Brian Henson?
- APRIL FOOL’S DAY ORIGINS – April Fool’s Day has its origins in France when they switched from the Julian calendar to the Gregorian calendar and it became tradition to mock people who still thought April 1st was what holiday?
- MARINE BIOLOGY – What marine invertebrate is alternatively called an asteroid, taken from its class asteroidea?
- SHARKS – Sharks are classified as elasmobranchs, meaning they are made mostly of what?
- NPR – In a 1992 April Fool’s Joke, NPR ran a spot starring an actor impersonating which former president, saying he was “running for president again?”
- Kevin Hunt points out that the volcano Kilauea has been actively erupting since 1983, so the answer to Max’s question should technically be Hawaii.
- HOCKEY LINGO – Taken from times before the introduction of the Zamboni, what is the trash talk term for a loser in hockey?
- FAMOUS LANDMARKS – What landmark is sometimes referred to as the Shrine of Democracy?
- TACO BELL – In a 1996 April Fool’s Day joke, Taco Bell announced that they would purchasing what historical item and would rename it after the fast food chain?
- FIELDS OF STUDY – Carcinology is the study of what?
- DISASTERS – The Seveso disaster, an industrial accident that occured on July 10, 1976, in a small chemical manufacturing plant, happened in what country?
- RADIO PRANK CALLS – In a 2003 April Fool’s Day joke, a couple of Miami-based radio DJ’s impersonated Hugo Chavez and successfully got through to what famous politician?
Rate My Question
- FAMOUS SAMPLES – Considered the most sampled piece of music in history, used by musicians such as Slipknot, N.W.A., Bowie, and Skrillex, what is the name of this iconic drum break?
- DISCONTINUED TOYS – Despite only being on the market for six months, the Magic Earring Ken doll was Mattel’s best-selling Ken doll in history but was discontinued for having what controversial accessory?
- WAR DOGS – What dogs were referred to as Liberty Hounds during World War I?
- STREET FIGHTER: THE MOVIE – In the opening of Street Fighter, what Disney character’s scream is heard when Bison throws an AN forces member off a platform?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 29th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
- March 31st, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Dylan, Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Jon, Adam, Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Alex, Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Music | Kyle Anne — Check out Kyle Anne’s amazing music
- The Rap Battle (PARODY) – YouTube — The art of the comeback