About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Literature, Rock and Roll, The Bible, Famous Lawsuits, Fight Club, Babies, Pirates, Robocop, Not Live Songs, Rap Lyrics, Reading Habits, Hamilton, Reading Habits, Automobile Firsts, Scientists, Animal Farm, Etymology and more!
- SCI-FI – In the sci-fi classic I, Robot by Isaac Asimov, what is the first law of robotics?
- ROCK AND ROLL – What pianist singer songwriter, born in New Orleans, Louisiana, had 11 top ten hits between 1955 and 1960, and was cited by Elvis Presley as “the real King of Rock and Roll?”
- THE BIBLE – As detailed in the King James version of the Bible, what is the second commandment?
- FAMOUS LAWSUITS – Michael VanDerVeen, who represented Donald Trump in his second impeachment trial, also represented a man who claimed to have been served a fried rat at what fast food establishment?
- FIGHT CLUB – What is the third rule of Fight Club?
- BABIES – How many baby teeth (or milk teeth) are most people born with?
- Stephen Crane wrote The Red Badge of Courage (not William Faulkner).
- Chuck Edward writers in to correct the answer to his RMQ from episode #139.
- Aaron Dyer corrects our phonetic alphabet usage.
- Notes on “OK” origin.
- PIRATES – Captain Henry Morgan, a famous pirate and namesake of a band of rum, was knighted in 1674 and became the lieutenant governor of what Caribbean country until his death in 1688?
- ROBOCOP – Unbeknownst to himself upon activation, what is Robocop’s fourth prime directive?
- NOT LIVE SONGS – Concert sounds for a 1972 show in London, as well as whistles from a concert in Vancouver, British Columbia, were used to create a live ambiance for what song, released in 1974?
- RAP LYRICS – What is the Notorious B.I.G.’s fifth crack commandment?
- READING HABITS – According to a 2019 Marist Poll, what was the reigning champion for most annoying word for over a decade?
- HAMILTON – In the popular musical, what is Hamilton’s sixth duel commandment?
- READING HABITS – At 10 hours and 42 minutes a week, what country spends the most time reading?
Rate My Question
- AUTOMOBILE FIRSTS – With patents independently granted to John W. Hetrick and Walter Linderer less than three months apart in 1953, what automobile safety feature first became standard on the 1987 Porsche 944 Turbo?
- SCIENTISTS – Which famous English physician, who shares the name of a character from Game of Thrones, tracked a London outbreak of cholera in 1854, and is considered a founder of modern epidemiology (the study of the distribution/patterns of disease)?
- ANIMAL FARM – What is the seventh and final rule of Animal Farm (in its amended form)?
- ETYMOLOGY – The word cubicle is derived from the latin word ‘cubiculum’ which means what?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 8th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
- March 10th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Mondays at 8pm EST (game show-style) and on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Lyrics To Go: 12 – Come With Me — Lee was invited to be a guest on Marc and Seth’s Podcast, Lyrics to Go