About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Elyse and Seth to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Famous Snubs, Successful Non-Singles, Band Members, Astrology, Marine Science, TV Theme Songs, Inventors, Famous Athletes, Wine, Ancient Rome, Insult Etymology, Business Names, Dogs, Famous Quotes, Vegas Games, Insane Geography and more!
- FAMOUS SNUBS – Author William Faulkner refused an invitation to dinner at the White House from what President, remarking “Why that’s a hundred miles away; that’s a long way to go just to eat”?
- SUCCESSFUL NON-SINGLES – “Till I Collapse”, a 2002 song that in 2021 became the first non-single to accumulate 1 billion streams on Spotify, is credited to who?
- BAND MEMBERS – What are the names of all five of The Traveling Wilburys?
- ASTROLOGY – What astrological sign, the tenth of the zodiac, is also known as the “Sea Goat”?
- MARINE SCIENCE – What masculine first name is also the zoological term for a fish’s genitalia when it contains semen?
- TV THEME SONGS – “Temptation Sensation” by Heinz Kiessling is the theme song to what sitcom which holds the record for longest-running live-action sitcom in television history?
- Alex Patton writes in to school us on blood types.
- DISTINGUISHED INVESTORS UNDISTINGUISHED INVENTORS – Sir Paul McCartney was the first investor for the world’s first what, invented and patented by Kane Kramer in 1979?
- FAMOUS ATHLETES – What tennis player was Sports Illustrated’s first female sports person of the year?
- WINE – Also known as “skin-contact white wine”, what’s the term for white wine where the skins are not removed and stay in contact with the juice for days, weeks, or even months?
- ANCIENT ROME – The cloaca maxima, part of ancient Rome, served what purpose?
- INSULT ETYMOLOGY – What insult, popularized by Beavis and Butt-Head, was originally cowboy slang for any hard fall (especially one taken from a horse)?
- BUSINESS NAMES – Confinity was the initial name of what website when it was established in 1998?
Rate My Question
- BIG 10 SCHOOLS – What public Big 10 University holds the record for the most Academic All-Americans all time for a Division I school, with 340 honorees?
- ETYMOLOGY – What does the everyday word ‘OK’ stand for?
- DOGS – The Shiba Inu, the Chow Chow, the Korean Jindo, the Icelandic Sheepdog and the Norwegian Elkhound are all descendants from what type of dog, often characterized by pointy ears, a double coat and a tail that curls over the dog’s back?
- FAMOUS QUOTES – First spoken by this Carribean orator, who said “emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds?”
- VEGAS GAMES – What is the sum of all the numbers on a roulette wheel?
- INSANE GEOGRAPHY – Vulcan Point, an island located within Main Crater Lake on Volcano Island (which is itself located in Lake Taal on the island of Luzon) is part of what country?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- March 1st, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
- March 3rd, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Kyle, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Doggface208 | Know Your Meme — The TikTok meme Elyse mentioned
- Of Montreal Outback Steakhouse Commercial – YouTube
- Sexual Cloacaning | Duke Stamina — Best song about a cloaca ever written