About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Justin Peterson and Erin Sullivan to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including The Middle East, Movie Themes, Literary Deaths, Pre-loaded Music, Memes, World War II, Movie Characters, Human Behavior, Peanuts, Currencies, Comic Strips, U.S. History, Technology, Fashion Designers, Back to the Future, Sports Awards, Touring Records, and more!
- THE MIDDLE EAST – In what Middle Eastern city can you visit the St. George Greek Orthodox Cathedral, Al Omari mosque, and the Cilica Museum (among other sites)?
- MOVIE THEMES – What theme song was written by Monty Norman and first orchestrated by the Jon Barry Orchestra for a 1962 Eon Productions film?
- LITERARY DEATHS – How did Scarlett and Rhett’s daughter die in Gone With The Wind?
- PRE-LOADED MUSIC – Which band had their music video preloaded onto the CD-ROM for Windows 95?
- MEMES – A rumored glitch in the video game Civilization caused what famous world leader to be extremely aggressive and to use nuclear weapons creating a popular internet meme?
- WORLD WAR II – Overseen by the Twenty Committee under the chairmanship of John Cecil Masterman, what MI5 operation saw Nazi agents captured, turned and used against Nazi Germany in disinformation campaigns?
- KnowNotes from Reddit (FoxenV and Atlas138)
- MOVIE CHARACTERS – Played by actor Danny Trejo, the character Machete (who had his own films in 2010 and 2013) first appeared in what 2001 film that was directed by Robert Rodriguez, as well as its sequels?
- HUMAN BEHAVIOR – According to Dr. Eileen Taylor, what do adults do 15 times a day that children do up to 400 times a day?
- PEANUTS – Place these Peanuts characters in order of their first appearance: Franklin, Peppermint Patty, Spike and Marcy.
- CURRENCIES – The currency of Panama is named for what Pacific explorer?
- COMIC STRIPS – Created by Cuban American political refugee Antonio Prohias in 1961, what comic strip produced a series of games, toys, animated shorts, and licensing tie-ins (including a series of Mountain Dew commercials in 2004)?
Rate My Question
- U.S. HISTORY – During what decade did the GPS project begin and launch its first satellites? – submitted by Alex P.
- TECHNOLOGY – What is the more commonly used name for toxicodendron radicans? – submitted by JeopardyMan
- FASHION DESIGNERS – What fashion designer famously presented their same work on the same day each year, the fifth day of the fifth month?
- BACK TO THE FUTURE – What was the name of Marty McFly’s band in Back to the Future?
- SPORTS AWARDS – In what sport could teams compete in the Canada Cup from 1953 until a name change in 1967?
- TOURING RECORDS – After 260 shows, who ended their 2019 tour setting the record for highest-grossing concert tour of all time ($775,046,937) and highest total attendance for a single tour?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 3rd, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
- February 4th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- Why This Scene In ‘A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Could Be Racist | BET
- Lyrics To Go: Panama — Marc and Seth dive deep into the lyrics of Van Halen’s Panama