About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Kyle Anne to recap 2020 in trivia and ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Sports Legends, New Year’s Eve, Movie Plot Details, Famous Cities, Record Labels, Popular Drinks, Love Charms, French Language, The Jazz Influence, Famous Couples, The Periodic Table, Engineering Disasters, Historic Tragedies, Unconventional Instruments, Award Winners, Famous Lawsuits, Chemistry, Scientific Expeditions and more!
- PRODUCT REBRANDING – What drink was originally known as “Fruit Smack?”
- SPORTS LEGENDS – What athlete’s career was cut short when he died in a high-speed crash at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix?
- NEW YEAR’S EVE – The confetti used for the annual New Year’s Eve celebration in Times Square is made from what product?
- MOVIE PLOT DETAILS – What popular children’s book did Forrest Gump keep in his briefcase?
- FAMOUS CITIES – What city has both the largest population and largest economy (by GDP) in the Southern Hemisphere?
- RECORD LABELS – Which fast food chain, founded in 1955, has been releasing music for over 30 years on their own record label for use in their restaurant?
- Andrew Fiffick wrote in to clarify that bamboo is not a kind of wood.
- A thank you KnowNote from Mo.
- POPULAR DRINKS – What popular drink is made from berries and has a name that comes from the Arabic word for a type of wine?
- LOVE CHARMS – Cocklebread was an inferior type of British corn or wheat bread from the 17th century that women would knead with what body part before baking it and giving it to their romantic interests?
- FRENCH LANGUAGE – If something is ordered a la crecy, with what is it garnished?
- THE JAZZ INFLUENCE – What setting from a famous 90’s television show is named after a legendary jazz composer and pianist?
- FAMOUS COUPLES – The 1983 Rick James single “Cold Blooded” was written about which child actress, with whom he had a very public and passionate relationship?
- PERIODIC TABLE – How many chemical elements start with the letter V?
Rate My Question
- ENGINEERING DISASTERS – Aeroelastic flutter is the main cause of what engineering disaster that occurred on November 7, 1940? – submitted by Proverbial Lightkeeper Matt
- HISTORIC TRAGEDIES – Prior to the terror attacks on 9/11, what non-natural disaster event marked the largest loss of U.S civilian lives? – submitted by Katie
- UNCONVENTIONAL INSTRUMENTS – In the 1991 Van Halen song pound cake, Eddie Van Halen used this, a household item in both the introduction and the guitar solo. – submitted by Aaron
- AWARD WINNERS – What Grammy, Academy Award, and Golden Globe winner, who performed at Lollapalooza in 2007 and rose to prominence in 2008, have such claims to fame as having two songs certified diamond winning Academy Award for best actress wage and having the fastest selling single. digitally with over 1 million in a week This artist moniker comes from a queen song released in 1984. What artist is it? – submitted by Dallas
- FAMOUS LAWSUITS – In 2006, Panera Bread in Massachusetts filed an unsuccessful lawsuit against which company for opening a location in the same shopping center, arguing that the terms of their lease prevented more than one sandwich shop to exist in the vicinity?
- CHEMISTRY – What is magnesium sulfate commonly called?
- FAMOUS COUPLES – What former baseball player was Halle Berry’s first husband?
- SCIENTIFIC EXPEDITIONS – What 1960’s U.S. naval program intended to prove the viability of saturation diving?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 6th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
- January 7th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Watchmen – Ligma Meme — A meme that Marc “must always share”
- Wizard People, Dear Reader – HAGAR’S GIFTS (Chapter 4) – YouTube — “Anything’s better than crawling.”
- Rick James and Linda Blair (photo)