About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Erik (aka fr0w) to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Pop Music, Mixed Drinks, Types of Candy, Beveridges, World Records, Classic Songs, Famous Rhythm Sections, History, Baseball, Fruits, Television Creators, Famous Landmarks, Geography and Grammy Awards and more!
- POP MUSIC – Girls Tyme was the original name of what girl group?
- MIXED DRINKS – What is the main liquor used in a paloma, complimenting it’s other main ingredient, grapefruit soda?
- TYPES OF CANDY – German confectionery worker Hans Riegal invented what candy which was originally named after animals he saw at street fairs?
- BEVERIDGES – Bert Beveridge is the billionaire founder of what company which was founded in 1997 in Austin, TX?
- WORLD RECORDS – What claim can the Thrust SSC make?
- CLASSIC SONGS – “Oye Coma Va” was a song written by which American musician, songwriter and producer who has been called “El Rey de los Timbales (The King of the Timbales)”?
- Our Simpsons crossover knownote was from Kevin Hunt (not Kevin Hart). He said his former boss made the same mistake, so we need to put an end to the confusion here. Kevin Hunt is a legitimate name.
- Mo pointed out that I almost sussed the Wilson Brothers (Luke and Owen) for the Dukes of Hazzard.
- Andrew with some Muppets Waldorf/Statler/Astoria trivia.
- Jeopardyman calls in to tell us to buzz off.
- FAMOUS RHYTHM SECTIONS – “Black Magic Woman” was a 1968 single for what band that is named for its rhythm section?
- HISTORY – The German Empire and Austria-Hungary were the first places to adopt what on April 30th, 1916?
- BASEBALL – Nicknamed “Axeman” and “El Oso”, who played for the Cleveland Indians for most of the 2010’s decade and also manned first base for the American League in the 2019 All-Star game?
- FRUITS – What fruit, whose name was made popular by a 1993 western, is the state fruit of Idaho?
- TELEVISION CREATORS – What author, producer, director and screenwriter got his break writing the episode “Explode” of Space Ghost: Coast 2 Coast before going on to create popular television series such as Veronica Mars, Cupid, Party Down, the 2008 90210 reboot and iZombie?
- FAMOUS LANDMARKS – The Petronas Twin Towers are located in which country, which is broken up by the China Sea into two territories (Peninsular and East)?
Rate My Question
- GEOGRAPHY – “The summit of Mt everest is the highest point above sea level, but it is the summit of Mt Chimborazo that is the farthest point from the center of the earth. This is due to it being significantly closer to the earth’s equator than Mt Everest. In which country would you find Mt Chimborazo?” – submitted by Usha
- MOVIES – “In the Back to the Future series, in 1955 what is the name of Doc Brown’s dog?” – submitted by Andrew DLRaddict
- GEOGRAPHY – How many states border Pennsylvania? – submitted by Todd the Trucker
- WORLD HISTORY – The Treaty of Ghent ended what war?
- GRAMMY AWARDS – “Room 17” was the working title given by co-writer Itaal Shur to what song, which won Record Of The Year at the 2000 Grammy Awards and was named the Number 2 Pop Song by Billboard on their All-Time Hot 100 and Top 40 charts?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- December 23rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Lyrics To Go — Marc and Seth’s new podcast about bad lyrics!
- Tony Bennett – I Left My Heart in San Francisco (from MTV Unplugged) – YouTube — A Tony Bennett song, but not the melody Lee sang.
- San Francisco – Scott McKenzie – YouTube — Not Tony Bennett, but the melody Lee sang.