About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Global Trade, Celebrities, Plants, Companies, World Records, Concerts, Scales, Movie Characters, Seinfeld, Missing Band Members, Sports Stadiums, Psychological Terms, U.S. History, Inventions, Alex Trebek, and more!
- GLOBAL TRADE – Norma Jeane Mortenson was the birth name of what Hollywood star?
- ALSO KNOWN AS… – Norma Jeane Mortenson was the birth name of which Hollywood star who died August 4,1962?
- PLANTS – Angiosperms first appeared on Earth 125 million years ago and are plants that do what?
- COMPANIES, BRANDS AND PRODUCTS – What technology company had a third founder named Ronald Wayne who sold his ten-percent stake for $800 in 1976?
- WORLD RECORDS – Who set a Guinness World Record in 1996 with 85 costume changes, the most ever for a character in a single film?
- CONCERTS – The Concert for Bangladesh, put on by George Harrison and released as a triple album in 1978, was put on to raise proceeds for what event?
- SCALES – The Mohs Scale is used by scientists to measure what?
- MOVIE CHARACTERS – Nino Brown was played by who?
- SEINFELD – In what season was it first revealed that Kramer’s first name is Cosmo?
- MISSING BAND MEMBERS – What is the only Aerosmith record to not feature guitar by Joe Perry?
- SPORTS STADIUMS – Jack Murphy Stadium is the former home of what professional football team?
- PSYCHOLOGICAL TERMS – Coulrophobia which affects 7.8% of Americans, which is directed in Poltergeist, The Brave Little Toaster and Spawn, is the fear of what?
Rate My Question
- U.S. HISTORY – Once called the State of Deseret by its religious founders, what US state decided on a different name in 1896 when it was admitted to the union? It would eventually use the translation of the word Deseret to inspire the state’s nickname and flag, an insect symbolizing “Industry” (the state’s motto) – submitted by Rumplesnailtksin Steve
- INVENTIONS – Invented by Emperor Maximilian’s personal physician—Samuel Siegfried Karl Ritter von Basch—in the year 1881, a sphygmomanometer is better known as what? – submitted by Evan
- ALEX TREBEK – On February 4th, 1991, Alex Trebek made broadcast history by becoming the first person to host three game shows at the same time, With Jeopardy!, To Tell The Truth, and what other daytime game show?
- GEOGRAPHY – The entirety of Sakhalin Island is now part of what country?
- GEOGRAPHY – What building takes the Manhattan city block between 49th and 50th Streets, and Park & Lexington avenues?
- U.S. HISTORY – What is the name of the bookseller-turned-soldier who served as George Washington’s Secretary of War?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 23rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Palace Pub & Wine Bar – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 25th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- December 3rd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia – Live on Twitch 8pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia live with Lee at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL on Thursdays!
- I’m Gonna Git You Sucka (1988) – One Rib! Scene (8/12) | Movieclips – YouTube — Chris Rock’s cameo in I’m Gonna Git You Sucka
- In Living Color (♥‿♥) Cheap Pete At The Carnival (♥‿♥) Chris Rock – YouTube — Chris Rock on In Living Color (reprising his Git You character?)
- I’m Gonna Git You Sucka Official Trailer #1 – Bernie Casey Movie (1988) HD – YouTube — The “anglicized” trailer referenced by Seth