About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Soft Drinks, Movie Soundtracks, Famous Families, Authors, Greek Mythology, Olympic Athletes, Opera, Movie Casting, U.S. Presidents, Food and more!
- SOFT DRINKS – What soft drink, developed by pharmacist Charles Alderton made its international debut at the 1904 World’s Fair in St. Louis and was legally deemed “not a cola” in 1963?
- MOVIES – What 1983 film (based off of a TV series) is known for a stunt helicopter crash that killed three actors, two of which were children, resulting in the establishment of the motion picture and entertainment unit to enforce fire safety regulations and requirements in the entertainment industry?
- MOVIE SOUNDTRACKS – Who’s Johnny was a #1 Billboard hit performed by El DeBarge for the soundtrack of what 1986 sci-fi comedy film?
- MUSIC – How many singles from Michael Jackson’s thriller became top ten hits?
- FAMOUS FAMILIES – What influential 19th Century English novelist was the progeny of political philosopher William Godwin and the late feminist writer Mary Wollstonecraft, who died shortly after giving birth to their child?
- AUTHORS – What does C.S. stand for in C.S. Lewis?
- GEOGRAPHY – Tenerife, also known as “The Island of Eternal Spring”, is the largest of what European archipelago?
- GREEK MYTHOLOGY – According to Greek mythology, which Titan was bound to a mountain by Zeus and cursed to have their immortal-ever replenishing liver consumed by an eagle?
- OLYMPIC ATHLETES – How many gold medals does Michael Phelps have?
- OPERA – What German composer is known for his 1937 cantata titled Carmina Burana?
- STRANGE LAWS – In Queensland, Australia, it is illegal to own a pet rabbit unless you are what?
- MOVIE CASTING – Alongside Nigel Terry, Liam Neeson and Patrick Stewart, Director John Boorman cast Nicol Williamson and Hellen Mirin as Merlin and Morgana respectively in what 1981 film, based on the idea that their personal animosity would improve their performances?
- AMUSEMENT PARKS – Opened in 1583, Bakken is the oldest amusement park in the world and resides in what country?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – As was once tradition, which 20th-century American president was the last to wear a top hat to their presidential inauguration?
- FOOD – What food’s name literally means “twice-cooked”?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 16th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Palace Pub & Wine Bar – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 18th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 19th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia – Live on Twitch 8pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia live with Lee at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL on Thursdays!
- El DeBarge – Who’s Johnny (High Quality) – YouTube — One of the worst music videos ever made.