About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Patrick Norris and Mike C. of The Anchorite Four to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including World History, International Trade, Music, U.S. History, Novelty Toys, Short-wave Radio, Automobiles, Art History, Poetry, State Mottos and more!
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE – International trade lawyers for what company found a provision in a book of federal tariff classifications and argued that their client sold toys (and not dolls, as a doll can only represent a human being) effectively cutting their import taxes in half?
- INTERNATIONAL TRADE – What Yemini port city was the center of the coffee trade from the 15th-18th century, and shares its name with a coffee bean known for its chocolate flavor?
- MUSIC – Which band (whose peers include Joy Division, The Smiths, and The Buzzcocks) started in 1976 near Greater Manchester, England, had 48 Live albums, 31 studio albums, and 48 compilation albums, and featured only one constant member, who was their singer until his death on January 24th, 2018?
- THE SUPREME COURT – There have been as few as five Supreme Court justices; what is the greatest number of Supreme Court justices there has ever been in the U.S.?
- CIRQUE DU SOLEIL – In what country was Cirque du Soleil founded?
- NOVELTY TOYS – In 2003, novelty toy company Archie McPhee began selling an action figure modeled after Seattle’s Nancy Pearl, known for her “rule of 50” and for holding what job (for which the action figure was titled)?
- SCALES – The five stages of the Tanner Scale are used to define what?
- URBAN PROBLEMS – A fatberg, a congealed mass of fatty objects that causes huge problems in aging cities, can be found where?
- SHORT WAVE RADIO – Unidentified radio broadcasts on AM and MW short-wave radio bands containing a mechanical sounding voice (male or female) or a series of voices going on for hours on end, sometimes accompanied by music, tones or other sound effects, are called what?
- 60’S ROCK MUSIC – What singer found The Doors frontman Jim “The Lizard King” Morrison so obnoxious that they broke a bottle of Southern Comfort over his head on two separate occasions?
- ANIMALS – What water animal has the biggest penis size in comparison to its body?
Rate My Question
- WORLD HISTORY – The Enola Gay is the name of first aircraft to do what? – Submitted by Alex P.
- AUTOMOBILES – The Spirit of Ecstasy is the name of the hood ornament placed on the front of every car of what car company? – Submitted by Alex P.
- BUSINESS – HAL Laboratory, a Japanese video game company responsible for the Kirby franchise, has its name inspired by what international business corporation? – Submitted by Patty
- ART HISTORY – The Fountain, a landmark ready-made art scultpre that debuted in 1917 that consisted of a urinal, was created by which artist?
- U.S. CITIES – What U.S. claimed to “cure” chronic homelessness in 2016 claiming that reduced homelessness by 90% through a housing-first program?
- POETRY – Walt Whitman, wrote the poem, this dust was once a man about which U.S. President?
- STATE MOTTOS – Which U.S. state motto is “friendship”, inspired by the state name which itself means “friends” or “allies” in the Caddo Indian language?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 11th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 12th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia – Live on Twitch 8pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia live with Lee at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL on Thursdays!
- For Whom The Anvil Tolls (Metallica Anvil Remix) – YouTube — A Metallica remix by Lee
- The Shortwave Radio Audio Archive — Audio samples related to Patrick’s question.
- Jim Morrison & Jimi Hendrix – Morrison’s lament on Vimeo — Hendrix and Morrison jam in NYC ~1968