About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including U.S. Presidents, Astrology, Events in the 90’s, Haunted Houses, Coastlines, Box Office Records, Radio Records, Actor Inventors, Band Members, Character Actors, Animals, Country Names, Book Adaptations and more!
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – A person running for president of the United States must have a record of living in the country for how many years?
- ASTROLOGY – Believed to be the world’s oldest star chart, what constellation is engraved on a sliver of mammoth tusk that was found in Germany in 1979 but is estimated to be over 30,000 years old?
- EVENTS IN THE 90’s – What event took place on the evening of June 23rd, 1993, making headlines worldwide?
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – Sworn in at the age of 42, who is the youngest president in U.S. history?
- HAUNTED HOUSES – Dragon’s House of Horror captured the Guinness Book of World Records record for “Longest Indoor Walk-through Haunted House” in 2015 and operates out of what Southwestern U.S. city?
- COASTLINES – What U.S. city has 520 miles of coastline?
- BOX OFFICE RECORDS – Named by Empire Magazine in 2014 as “the greatest film ever made”, what 1980 film set the record for highest box off earrings for that year?
- RADIO RECORDS – In 2019, BMI recognized what police song as the most played song in radio history?
- CHARACTER ACTORS – Through his company Eco-Pak industries, what actor (who famously played a postal worker) developed his own packaging material called SizzlePak?
- OLYMPICS – What U.S. city, whose flag displays three wavy blue lines as well as a blue fleur-de-lis on a red background was the first to host the Olympic Games in the U.S.
- FAMOUS SCULPTURES – Rachel, an outdoor bronze sculpture that has served as the unofficial mascot of Seattle’s Pike Place Market since 1986, is modeled after what kind of creature?
- ANIMALS – ‘Pinniped’ is the less-used name for what animal?
Rate My Question
- BAND MEMBERS – Morten Harket asked what band to take him on as lead singer?
- CHARACTER ACTORS – Harris Glenn Milstead, most famous for roles in 70s cult movies, is better known by what stage name?
- COUNTRY NAMES – What European country’s name means “Calf Land” or “Land of Cattle”?
- BOOK ADAPTATIONS – Orson Welles appears as Father Mapple in a 1956 film adaptation by John Huston of what 1851 American novel (which he himself had previously adapted for radio and would go on to adapt for the stage)?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- November 2nd, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 4th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EDT
- November 5th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia – Live on Twitch 8pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Mondays at Palace Pub & Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia live with Lee at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL on Thursdays!