About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Seth and Erik to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Automobiles, Liqueur, Television, American Songwriters, Morse Code, Geography, Greek Mythology, Comic Book Records, Airports, Ethnic Holidays, Florida Wildlife, 90’s Hip Hop, Football, Scientific Terms, Literature, Sauces and more!
- AUTOMOBILES – What car company faced major problems over a sticking accelerator fault in 2010?
- LIQUEUR – What liqueur is named for the Lesser Antilles island from where it’s primary flavor ingredient, the bitter peel of the Lahara citrus, originates?
- TELEVISION – What two Star Wars alum from the Original Trilogy had not met each other personally until a 2014 episode of The Big Bang Theory?
- AMERICAN SONGWRITERS – Born in 1826 in Lawrenceville, PA, what songwriter was known for songs such as “The Glendy Burk’, “Open Thy Lattice Love,” and “Angelina Baker, has been called “The Father of American Music”, and died in New York City at 37.
- MORSE CODE – What letter is represented by a single dot in Morse code?
- GEOGRAPHY – The island of Yap is known for its large what?
- GREEK MYTHOLOGY – In Greek Mythology, Charon (one of the Gods of the Underworld who serves Hades) has what specific role for which he charges a fee of a single coin?
- COMIC BOOKS RECORDS – First debuting in May of 1992, what is the longest-running creator-owned superhero comic book series?
- AIRPORTS – Behind the United States, what is the country with the second-most airports?
- ETHNIC HOLIDAYS – How many days are in-between the Jewish Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur?
- FLORIDA WILDLIFE – Florida is home to three mustelids: the long-tailed weasel, the river otter, and what other animal?
- 90’s HIP HOP – In 1998, what rapper had two albums debut at #1 on the Billboard charts?
- TELEVISION – What TV show, airing from 1984 to 1987, centered around Vietnam War veteran Stringfellow Hawke?
Rate My Question
- FOOTBALL – What current NFL player, who went undrafted in 2017, is known as the “Swiss Army Knife”?
- SAUCES – Similar to a tartar, what sauce is a staple of Louisiana Creole cuisine?
- What was the first major defeat of the Japanese forces by the Allies in 1943? What state is the first U.S. State to adopt ranked choice voting for a U.S. Presidential election? The star of Orphan Black, Tatiana Maslany, has been cast as what Marvel hero?
- SCIENTIFIC TERMS – Coined by cartoonist Gary Larson and adopted by The Smithsonian as well as other scientific institutions, what is the term for the distinctive arrangement of four to ten spikes on the tail of a stegosaurus?
- LITERATURE – What novel written by Oscar Wilde was first published complete in the july 1890 issue of Lippencott’s Monthly Magazine?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 1st, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Live on Twitch 8pm – 10pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Final Destination 2 Crash Scene On Highway – video dailymotion — A horrifying movie scene cemented in the minds of our cast.
- Trivia Watch N’ Listen: The Big Lebowski (1998) | Know Nonsense Trivia on Patreon — An alternate audio track with trivia for The Big Lebowski featuring Marc, Lee and Erik
- Hard Times Come Again No More – YouTube — Seth considers this to be a great song.
- Axl Rose Gimme Some Reggae 1 Hour – YouTube
- Axl Rose Jumps Into The Crowd – YouTube — GET THAT GUY AND GET THAT I’LL GET THAT
- DMX – “Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer” Remix – YouTube — DMX getting into the holiday spirit.
- Horsey Sauce – Mike Stoklasa and Jay Bauman – YouTube — Lee goes nuts with this reference in Rate My Question #2.
- WandaVision | Official Trailer | Disney+ – YouTube
- The Perry Bible Fellowship – Offbeat comic strip by Nicholas Gurewitch. Includes archives, information about the author, and purchases. — Webcomic recommendation from Lee
- Joan Cornellà (@sirjoancornella) • Instagram photos and videos — Webcomic recommendation from Marc
- Margaret (2011) HD Movie Trailer – Kenneth Lonergan New Film – YouTube — Erik recommends this movie
- Music | The Shytunas — Listen to Seth’s band, The Shytunas!
- Album Premiere: The Electric Mud – Burn The Ships — Quizdaddy Tommy’s got a new album out!