Quizmasters Lee and Marc get together to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including U.S. History, World History, Pro-Wrestling, Pop Music, Behind The Song, Directorial Debuts, Soft Drinks, Game Rules, Time’s Person Of The Year, World History, Fashion, Music Videos, Food, Geography and more!
- U.S. HISTORY – Dealey Plaza is an infamous historic park that is located in which U.S. State?
- WORLD HISTORY – In what century was Joan of Arc burnt at the stake?
- PRO-WRESTLING – What former pro-wrestler, now known for their popular online Yoga program and radio show, once owned “Norma Jean’s Night Club” in Fort Myers, FL?
- POP MUSIC – Trevor Horn (who would go on to produce bands like Yes, Frankie Goes to Hollywood and Seal) and Jeff Downes (who would join Yes, would go on to join Asia, and currently holds the world record for using 28 keyboards in a single performance) were members of what New Wave band that formed in 1977?
- BEHIND THE SONG – According to guitarist Alan Parker, the guitar riff of what 1974 glam rock standard by David Bowie was written to “piss off Mick a bit”?
- DIRECTORIAL DEBUTS – What 1982 film was director Amy Heckerling’s debut, who went on to direct Look Who’s Talking National Lampoon’s European Vacation and Clueless?
- Big KnowNote from Aaron with some additional information about Noel Fielding’s trivial pursuits and The Big Fat Quiz series.
- SOFT DRINKS – In 1969, the Coca-Cola Company released Simba (in Africa) which was their take on what competitor’s drink?
- GAME RULES – “The game is to consist of twenty-one counts, or aces; but at the conclusion an equal number of hands must be played,” and “Three hands out, all out” are the 8th and 15th of twenty rules adopted in 1845 by players of what game?
- TIME PERSON OF THE YEAR – Who beat out Franklin D. Roosevelt and Gandhi to be Time’s Person of the Century in 1999?
- WORLD HISTORY – ‘Swidden’ and ‘Paddy’ are types of what human activity that first arose during the Neolithic Revolution?
- FASHION – What fashion brand was founded by artist Gwen Stefani?
- MUSIC VIDEOS – The married directorial team Jonathan Dayton and Valerie Faris once collaborated with comic-book artist Todd McFarlane on a split live-action/animated music video for which song (that would win a Grammy for best Short Form Music Video in 2000)?
Rate My Question
- “41 of the 118 elements on the periodic table are named after location; Three of those are from a single state in the U.S. Which state is this distinction?” -submitted by Dylan
- FOOD – What festival food is called panchuque in Argentina, pogo in Canada, and a kogo in South Korea?
- GEOGRAPHY – Due to its production of nutmeg and mace crops, what island country in the Carribean Sea is known as “the Island of Spice”?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- July 16th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Live on Twitch 7pm – 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- The Misfits – Bullet — A song by The Misfits mentioned in this episode by Marc.
- A Clone High Reboot Is in the Works at MTV Studios
- Letter to My Younger Self — A memoir essay by the wrestler that is the answer to Lee’s second question.
- Russell Brand and Noel Fielding Wreck the Show | Big Fat Quiz Anniversary 2015 – YouTube — Submitted by Aaron to accompany his KnowNote.
- Kimba the White Lion – Wikipedia — The Japanese predecessor to The Lion King
- Oldest Globe of New World Carved on Ostrich Eggs? — The old egg globe mentioned by Lee
- Why your mental map of the world is wrong — More on the map error mention by Marc.
- A picture of South Korean Kogo