About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by regular Know Nonsense Trivia Player Alex, who plays as ‘BahaMenTributeBand’ on our twitch trivia and is a regular member of the team ‘Peanut the Dog is Cancelled.’ Together, the three take ask, suss and answer each other’s trivia questions about Musical Instruments, Television, Movies, Pop Culture Icons, 90 Day Fiance, Saturday Night Live, Awards & Achievements, Fishing, U.S. History, Chemistry, Sports, World Records, U.S. Geography, Cartoon Characters, Middle Initials and more!
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – In English, what musical instrument do speakers of German, Italian and Spanish languages call die Becken, l piatti and las platillos, respectively?
- TELEVISION – On the hit show Malcolm In The Middle, what is the name of the youngest son?
- MOVIES – In Die Hard with a Vengeance, what is Hans Gruber’s brother’s name (played by Jeremy Irons)?
- POP CULTURE ICONS – What nature trail in Worcester, Massachusetts is named after a graphic icon designed by the late commercial artist Harvey Ball in 1963?
- 90 DAY FIANCE – On the show 90 Day Fiance, what is the name of the visa that finances receive to come to America (sometimes referred to as a ‘Finance Visa’)?
- SATURDAY NIGHT LIVE – What former Saturday Night Live cast member was a member of the indie band The Rentals (featuring ex-Weezer bassist Matt Sharp) for a time.
- “Seattle had a fire and that’s why it was ruined. They have underground tours in pioneer square.” – Elyse
- AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS – What actress won six consecutive prime-time Emmy Awards for outstanding lead actress in a comedy series, making her the performer with the most Emmys for the same role in the same series?
- FISHING – In Florida, what fish is called “the Silver King”?
- U.S. HISTORY – Before vomiting in the lap of Japanese Prime Minister Kiichi Miyazawa during his 1992 tour promoting U.S. foreign trade, President George H.W. Bush gave what contemptuous gesture to protesters in Canberra, Australia?
- SPORTS – What was added to the NBA in June of 1979?
- WORLD RECORDS – Who was the first human in outer space?
- COLLECTIVE NOUNS – A nosegay, also known as a tussie-mussie, is a collection of what?
Rate My Question
- CHEMISTRY – You know not to play with mercury despite how fun the liquid metal feels. If you wanted to instead get your liquid fix from some other pure element, you could play with which element that is the only other one on the periodic table to be a liquid at room temperature? (submitted by Paul)
- CHEMISTRY – What product containing chiral molecules resulted in a well known tragedy, and is perhaps the most famous example of the harm that can be caused by very small alterations to the structure of a molecule? (submitted by Joee)
- U.S. GEOGRAPHY – Name the five states that border West Virginia.
- CARTOON CHARACTERS – Dr. Katz holds a therapy session with what cartoon character before the professional therapists’s skin is scorched off by a giant firework ash snake in a 1998 cameo appearance?
- MIDDLE INITIALS – What does the ‘s’ stand for in George S. Patton?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- June 25th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Live on Twitch 7pm – 9pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast — Join us on our Facebook group!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 7pm EST!
- Slipknot Live – 08 – Iowa | London, England [10.10.2004] – YouTube — Lee jokes about how Slipknot doesn’t use timpani drums. Turns out, they have!
- Matt Sharp & [Marc’s SNL Answer] – Not tonight (Tegan and Sara Cover) – YouTube
- Strip Club Moms – Happily Ever After Hours | parapet
- D-Generation X “Suck it!” – Wikipedia — The history of the gesture mentioned by Marc in Lee’s Bush question.
- Happiness (1998) – YouTube — The opening scene of Happiness, quoted by Marc in this episode.