With Quizmaster Marc on vacay, Quizmasters Lee is joined by returning guests and gingers Jamie, Fletcher and Erik for an extended trivia session, with questions, answers and additional background information on the questions and how they were presented live to pub trivia teams. Topics include NORSE MYTHOLOGY, INVENTIONS, POP CULTURE ALSO KNOWN AS, DANGEROUS RACING, COMIC BOOK CAMEOS, STAR WARS, LORD OF THE RINGS, GHOSTBUSTERS, U.S. HISTORY, ARCHITECTURE, GLOBAL SLAVERY, FOOD & COOKING, AVIATION HISTORY, FICTIONAL CARS and more!
- NORSE MYTHOLOGY – Which day of the week is named after Odin’s wife?
- INVENTIONS – In which country was paper money first introduced?
- RACING – With over 250 deaths, the Tourist Trophy is known as the most dangerous racing events in the world. On which British isle is the series of competitions held?
- ALSO KNOWN AS – Geraldine Estelle Holloway Horner is better known by what stage name?
- STAR WARS – In 1977’s Star Wars, who is the first character to have a spoken line of a dialogue?
- LORD OF THE RINGS – Through what family line are Frodo and Merry related, first cousins once removed?
- U.S. HISTORY – Who was Abraham Lincoln’s first Vice President?
- GLOBAL SLAVERY – During which century has there been the most slaves globally?
- FOOD & COOKING – The seed produced by the herb cilantro is also used as a spice, that is called what?
- ARCHITECTURE – In Greek architecture, what are the three classical orders?
- INVENTIONS – Which car company invented the three-point seatbelt and gave the idea away for free to other car companies knowing it could save lives?
- WOMEN’S SUFFRAGE – The 19th amendment was colloquially known as what?
- AVIATION HISTORY – In the U.S., in what year did the first commercial airline begin operation? *ANTARCTICA – It is presumed that 50% of what mammal’s biomass lives on the ice of antarctica (where it encounters no natural predators)?
- Marvel Comics hero Eric Brooks is better known by what name?
- What European country’s sperm bank refuses ginger sperm?
- GHOSTBUSTERS – What is the fictional name of the apartment building inhabited by Dana Barrett in Ghostbusters?
- ASTRONOMY – How many officially recognized constellations are there?
- GEOGRAPHY – What is the longest river whose drainage basin is located entirely in one country?
- ALTERNATE MOVIE TITLES – What movie was titled “Night of the Cold Noses” when released in Latin American markets?
- COMIC BOOK CAMEOS – What athlete famously defeated Superman in his iconic comic book appearance?
- FICTIONAL CARS – From which media properties do the following cars come from: The Bluesmobile, KITT, The General Lee, The Party Wagon, ECTO-1, The Light Cycle, The Mirthmobile, The Pursuit Special, Benny The Cab, Truckster, and Elanor?
Weekly Wrap Up
- August 19th, 2019 @ Palace – The Moist is Stored in The Balls – 95 pts.
- August 20th, 2019 @ Gather – Flaming Drinks & The Squishy Chairs 112 pts.
- August 21st, 2019 @ Bury Me Brewing Co. – Pootie Tang – 76 pts.
- August 22nd, 2019 @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar – Not Divided, We Multiply – 99 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- August 26th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Palace Pub & Wine Bar. Categories for the quiz will include AERONAUTICS, WINE MAKING, SCOTT PILGRIM, PARKS & REC, EUROPEAN GEOGRAPHY, EMO MUSIC, CLASSIC MOVIES & more. Final question category will be NINTENDO 64 GAMES selected by last week’s biggest learners Irish Wrist Watch.
- August 27th, 2019 – Cape Coral FL – 7:00 PM @ Gather. Categories for the quiz will include NINTENDO, CLASSIC ROCK, THE BOOK OF MORMON, THE 1960’s, CRICKET, PLAYBOY MAGAZINE, JAMAICA and more. Final wager question category will be FRIENDS selected by Dumb and Dumber (form. The Hot Ladies).
- August 28st, 2019 – Fort Myers, FL – 7:00 PM @ Bury Me Brewing Co. Categories for the quiz will include U.S. GEOGRAPHY, RETRO VIDEO GAMES, BOB’S BURGERS, TAYLOR SWIFT, ORGANIC CHEMISTRY, JURASSIC PARK, POKÉMON, THE WWE and more. The final Know Nonsense wager question will be WALT DISNEY WORLD selected by ‘Tarde.’
- August 29nd, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. Thursday August 22nd we’ll be at No. 3 Craft brews & Beer Bar, at 7:30pm. The Meat Cottage will join us there as well. Categories for the quiz will include HULK HOGAN MOVIES, WORLD HISTORY, DC COMICS, STAR TREK, DOGS, TOM PETTY, BROADWAY, & MORE . The final category that evening will be RICK AND MORTY selected by ‘The Brewsual Suspects.’
- August 31st, 2019 – Cape Coral, FL – 7:30 PM @ No. 3 Craft Brews & Beer Bar. QUIZGARDIUM TRIVIOSA: Harry Potter Trivia. Test your knowledge of trivia about the Wizarding World, including notable witches and wizards from the Potterverse, Magical Creatures, Hogwarts School, Quidditch, The Books, The Movies, the Potter Fandom in general, and more!
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Manu, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- World Channel: Family Pictures USA – LOCAL: Southwest Florida | Family Pictures USA — Seth appears on the television series Family Pictures USA
- Episode 75 – Seth Ford — Seth was also featured on the music podcast Three Song Stories
- 5 Tips How to Grow a Ton of Coriander or Cilantro in Container/Garden Bed – YouTube — An Australian Backyard Farming channel Lee has been into lately.
- Um, Actually — A trivia show recommendation from Erik