About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz full of “easy questions” with topics including Key West, Super Bowl, Colors, State Capitals, English Language, State Nicknames, Country Music, Disney, Vitamins, Math, Acronyms, Native Americans, American Bands, Philosophy, Star Wars and more!
- KEY WEST – What famous author’s former mansion can be visited in Key West (now home to an extended family of their infamous polydactyl cats)?
- SUPER BOWL – What two teams played in Super Bowl LV on February 7, 2020?
- COLORS – What two-color combination is believed to stimulate hunger?
- STATE CAPITALS – What is the capital of Illinois?
- ENGLISH LANGUAGE – Beginning with an announcement by the World Health Organization on February 11th, 2020, what word became the most looked up word on Merriam-Webster’s dictionary that year?
- STATE NICKNAMES – What state, known as the Sooner state, was the last to recognize Christmas as a national holiday in 1907?
- Nina and Aaron write in to correct our pronunciation
- Voicemail from Jeopardyman
- COUNTRY MUSIC – Trigger is the name of what country singer’s guitar?
- DISNEY – What is the name of the pineapple-flavored soft-serve ice cream treat favored by Disney park patrons?
- VITAMINS – What name is Ascorbic Acid commonly known as?
- MATH – What is the term for the longest side of a right-angled triangle?
- ACRONYMS – What does HTML stand for?
- NATIVE AMERICANS – Counting 300,000 enrolled members as of 2015, mostly in Arizona and New Mexico, what tribe is the largest Native American tribe in the U.S.?
Rate My Question
- AMERICAN BANDS – A band well known for a song on the Shrek soundtrack is from what large U.S. city that only has 2 professional sports teams, one of which is named after a natural disaster that often occurs there? – Submitted by Andy
- PHILOSOPHY – What famous philosopher and mathematician, using the pseudonym Louis de Montalte, authored them? – Submitted by Chuck
- MUSIC – Irish singer-songwriter Paul Hewson is better known by what mononymous stage name?
- STAR WARS – Luke Skywalker’s surname was originally what during production and filming but changed due to unpleasant connotations with Charles Manson?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- February 10th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Point Ybel Brewing Co. – 7:30 pm EST
- February 11th, 2021 – Know Nonsense Trivia on Twitch – 8 pm EST
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Ryan, Mollie, Lisa, Alex, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Doug, Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S., Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Wednesday at 7:30pm (pub quiz-style) and Thursdays at 8pm EST (game show-style)!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- /r/KnowNonsenseTrivia — Join our subreddit!
- Know Nonsense Trivia | Discord — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night @ The Point | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee on Wednesdays at Point Ybel Brewing Co. in Fort Myers, FL!