About this Episode
Quizmasters Lee and Marc meet (in the sarx) to ask, suss and answer a general knowledge quiz with topics including Horror Films, Movie Casting, Musical Instruments, Television, Inventions, Indigenous Peoples, Disasters, Famous Lawsuits, Ancient Rome, Music Festivals, Green Cities, Netflix and more!
- HORROR FILMS – What British film production company is best known for their series of gothic horror films (including takes on Frankenstein, Dracula and the Mummy) that were notably filmed in color and released between the mid-1950’s to 1970’s?
- MOVIE CASTING – Who played the adult Santino “Sonny” Corleone in The Godfather?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – What kind of metalworking tool appears in the musical score for films including Jaws, Aliens, The Terminator, The Matrix, and The Lord of the Rings Trilogy has been used as a recording instrument by rock groups such as The Beatles and Metallica?
- TELEVISION – What show debuted on September 7th, 1979, with George Grande anchoring?
- INVENTIONS – Though horses were domesticated by approximately 4,500 B.C., what horse-riding aid was not in common use until the 2nd century B.C. in India?
- INDIGENOUS PEOPLES – Known to the English as the five nations, Cayuga, Seneca, Onondaga Mohak and Oneida, what indigenous confederacy did they make up?
- 119 – Michael Ian Black was indeed Raphael. He performed for thousands in Juarez, Mexico at a small ice cream store.
- 120 – To Lee: it’s progenitor, not “progenerator”.
- 121 – Alison calls in with comments on Skyler’s popcorn question.
- DISASTERS – How many crew members died when the space shuttle Challenger exploded in 1986?
- FAMOUS LAWSUITS – In 1984, attorney John Kirby Jr. successfully defended Nintendo Co. Ltd. in federal court against Universal City Studios, Inc. against a copyright infringement claim over what character?
- ANCIENT ROME – Construction of the colosseum finished under which Roman emperor?
- MUSIC FESTIVALS – Organizers of The Bonnaroo Music Festival consulted the manager of what band (who Rolling Stone magazine called “The Most Important band of the 90’s”) when planning their popular annual festival?
- TELEVISION – Pepsi-milk was the drink of choice of one of the titular stars of what television show?
- GREEN CITIES – What U.S. city is the least-populous city that is considered to be the most-populous city in its state and also became the first U.S. city to be powered entirely by renewable energy in 2015?
Rate My Question
- What is the name of the blade-wielding antagonist of the film Friday the 13th, who terrorizes the counselors of Camp Crystal Lake? – submitted by Patty
- submitted by Quizdaddy Dylan
- NETFLIX – What 1988 movie was the first to ever be mailed out by Netflix on DVD in 1998, and also features less than 15 minutes of on-screen time featuring its title character?
- FAMOUS COMPANIES – What cosmetics company shares its name with the birthplace of William Shakespeare?
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- October 26th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – 7:30 pm EDT
- October 29th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Virtual Pub Trivia – Live on Twitch 8pm EDT
You can find out more information about that and all of our live events online at KnowNonsenseTrivia.com All of the Know Nonsense events are free to play and you can win prizes after every round.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Dylan, Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – Shaun, Lydia, Gil, David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Lisa, Alex, Jenny, Logan, Spencer, Kaitlynn, Manu, Mo, Matthew, Luc, Hank, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kevin and Sara, Tiffany, Allison, Paige, We Do Stuff, Mike S. ,Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Know Nonsense Trivia is creating podcasts | Patreon — Support the show on Patreon!
- knownonsensetrivia – Twitch — Play Know Nonsense Trivia on Thursdays at 8pm EST!
- Know Nonsense Trivia Podcast | Facebook — Join us on our Facebook group!
- Know Nonsense Trivia — Chat and play trivia with us on Discord!
- Trivia Night at Palace Pub & Wine Bar | Facebook — Play Know Nonsense Trivia Live with Lee!
- Weekly Nice Guys Virtual Trivia | Facebook — Play trivia with Marc on Zoom or at Nice Guys Pizza (Cape Coral, FL) on-site!
- Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God) – YouTube — The song that inspired Marc’s incorrect answer to Lee’s first question of Round 1.
- Metallica’s ‘And Justice for All’ at 30: The Case of the Missing Bass – Rolling Stone — The story behind Jason Newstead’s missing basslines on ‘And Justice For All’
- Chasing Turtles EP13: Sneak Peeks – Ben Garant & Michael Ian Black – YouTube — Michael Ian Black comments on his time as a Ninja Turtle.
- Anastasio puts Phish behind him with strong solo effort | | azdailysun.com — “Given their sense of community, their ambition and their challenging, generous performances, Phish have become the most important band of the Nineties,” Rolling Stone magazine said in 1998.