Quizmasters Lee and Marc are joined by Greg Gebhard of Nice Guys Pizza, Marc’s Wednesday night trivia venue. The three ask, suss and answer a full quiz of trivia questions, with topics including popular foods, Billy Joel songs, grammar, fashion history, inventions, the Super Bowl, Amsterdam, Batman, U.S. Presidents, musical instruments, hockey, tiki culture, and, of course, PIZZA.
- POPULAR FOODS – Products of Nissin Foods (and similar foods), one of the top purveyors of noodles in the United States since the company’s introduction in 1970, are widely known by what blanket name?
- BILLY JOEL LYRICS – In the song “Piano Man,” what is the name of the bartender?
- GRAMMAR – What word, which means to sharpen, is often misused to indicate something moving towards its goal?
- FASHION HISTORY – Mercenaries who inspired the necktie, popularized by Louis VIII after the Thirty Years War, were from what country?
- INVENTIONS – In 1857, Elijah Otis invented what?
- SUPER BOWL – Who’s nipple became exposed during the halftime show of the 2019 Super Bowl, causing controversy in the form of over 50 complaints to the FCC?
Episode 80: Note Soda –
- What is the name of Fraiser’s show? The Dr. Frasier Crane Show
- “E Plurbis Unum” translates from latin to English as “out of Many, one.”
- Ethiopia’s biggest export is not coffee, it is Gold (21%).
Episode 81: Fermented Seed –
- Braxton Hicks Contractions are in fact commonly known by the term “false labor” or “practice contractions.” ‘ submitted by Andy & Elyse
- U.S. PRESIDENTS – What U.S. President lived with a former Vice President for ten years in a bording house and was believed by many scholars to be gay?
- AMSTERDAM – Which financial institution was organized in Amsterdam in 1602 is the world’s oldest in it’s category?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – Patented in 1928 and named after its inventor, which instrument is controlled by a musicians hand without physical contact of the performer, via oscillator?
- MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS – What instrument, invented by Benjamin Franklin had a dip in popularity in the 18th century due to claims that playing it would make the musician go crazy?
- BATMAN – Known best for their role on the 1960’s Batman TV show, who recently revealed that he was encouraged by producers to take “shrinkage” pills, on account of his reportedly large bulge?
- PIZZA HISTORY – In what year did the first pizzeria open in the United States?
Rate My Question
- “Greyhounds and bloodhounds are both members of the hound group but are considered to be disparate “types” within the group due to the primary sense each uses to hunt. What are these two types of hound?” – submitted by Elyse
- “In 1886, the aptly named George Bird Grinell started what organization?” – submitted by Jake
- HOCKEY – In 1954, the Boston Bruins became the first NHL team to purchase and use what piece of equipment, which has been preserved at the Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto since 1988?
- TIKI CULTURE – Ernest Raymond Beaumond Gant, the owner of the first mystical Polynesian tiki bar, is better known by what name?
- SITCOMS – “Sometimes the world looks perfect, nothing to rearrange” are the first lyrics to the theme song of what sitcom?
Weekly Wrap Up
- #262 – Palace Pub and Wine Bar – Phat Anime Yiddies – 63 pts.
- #263 – No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar – Froze Iguanas Don’t Squeak – 104 pts.
Upcoming LIVE Know Nonsense Trivia Challenges
- January 27th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #265 @ Palace Pub and Wine Bar in Cape Coral, FL. Free bottles of wine for our round winners. Categories for the quiz will include STAR WARS, 90’s NICKELODEON, SPORTS STADIUMS, COFFEE, GEOGRAPHY, MUSTARD and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about RETRO VIDEO GAMES selected by House Snow.
- January 30th, 2020 – Know Nonsense Trivia Challenge #266 @ No. 3 Craft Brews and Beer Bar in Cape Coral, FL. $10 off tab for round winners, Gift card prize for overall winners. Categories for the quiz will include HISTORY, SPORTS, CLASSIC WWE, STATE SONGS, HALO, 80’s & 90’s MUSIC and more. The final wager question that evening will be a question about PRESIDENT TRUMP selected by What Team?.
Thanks to our supporters on Patreon.
- Thank you, Quizdaddies – Tommy (The Electric Mud) and Tim (Pat’s Garden Service)
- Thank you, Team Captains – David, Rachael, Aaron, Kristen & Fletcher
- Thank you, Proverbial Lightkeepers – Manu, Mo, Matthew, Nicole, Luc, Spencer, Hank, Dylan, Justin, Cooper, Elyse, Sarah, Brina, Karly, Kristopher, Josh, Gil, Shaun, Lucas and Max
- Thank you, Rumplesnailtskins – Kenya, Jeff, Eric, Steven, Efren, Mike J., Mike C.
If you’d like to support the podcast and gain access to bonus content, please visit http://theknowno.com and click “Support.”
- Nice Guys Beer & Pizza Lounge – Nice Guys
- Happy Dog Cleveland | Hot dogs, beer and lots of live music! — Greg’s old Cleveland job
- Voodoo Dog – Unique Hot Dog Restaurant — Lee’s recommendation for hot dogs in Tallahassee.
- NAQT | You Gotta Know These Kings of France — The study guide Lee mentions in this episode. Spoiler Alert: no mention of neckties re: King Louis VIII.
- HOT CHA CHA 2 @ Caledonia Lounge 9 16 11 www.AthensRockShow.com – YouTube — Cleveland post-punk (with Greg on guitar.)
- Waterworks – Home — Lee recommends this Tiki bar in Tallahassee.
- Walker Farms Honey, North Fort Myers, FL ~ HOME PAGE — A farm recommended by Greg.
- [FREE] Freestyle Type Beat “Fox” | Free Type Beat | Rap Trap Beats – YouTube